Challenger 180 215ho

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caneword

I'm pleased with the 51 mph, problem is I can't hammer down without extreme cavitation. I run 7800rpm but I have to ease into it or I loose traction.
New OEM wear ring and impeller. Perhaps that engine has been modified....I didn't do it.

Any suggestions that won't loose too end and help hole shot??

If your expectation is to be sitting at a stop and open the throttle all the way and not have cavitation, I am not sure that's going to happen in that boat. Not sure how much you are meaning you have to ease into it.

I don't have one, but everyone who does seems to say Poppy covers are the best and the closest to the OEM fitted cover. I plan to get one next season.

51 is fast for a 215. It must be modified to some degree.

What impeller are you running? I find the Solas 13/18 or 14/19 to be much better than stock when it comes to the cavitation you describe. With a light load I essentially have zero cavitation with either of those.

What year is your boat?

I'm pleased with the 51 mph, problem is I can't hammer down without extreme cavitation. I run 7800rpm but I have to ease into it or I loose traction.
New OEM wear ring and impeller. Perhaps that engine has been modified....I didn't do it.

Any suggestions that won't loose too end and help hole shot??
51 on speedo or 51 gps?

If your expectation is to be sitting at a stop and open the throttle all the way and not have cavitation, I am not sure that's going to happen in that boat. Not sure how much you are meaning you have to ease into it.

I don't have one, but everyone who does seems to say Poppy covers are the best and the closest to the OEM fitted cover. I plan to get one next season.

It's jumps on plane no problem but you can't just full throttle, thanks for the info, I had no idea that was common.

51 is fast for a 215. It must be modified to some degree.

What impeller are you running? I find the Solas 13/18 or 14/19 to be much better than stock when it comes to the cavitation you describe. With a light load I essentially have zero cavitation with either of those.

What year is your boat?
2009, just purchased it a couple of weeks ago and they guy I bought it from just had OEM impeller. If it been modified im not sure but yesterday the wife, son and myself with a full tank went 49mph @ 7800rpm.

2009, just purchased it a couple of weeks ago and they guy I bought it from just had OEM impeller. If it been modified im not sure but yesterday the wife, son and myself with a full tank went 49mph @ 7800rpm.

That's pretty good. I thought I read the newer hulls are a bit fast but I can only get 47-48 with just me in the boat and I have some minor mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back