Canandaigua Lake, NY

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hawkpilot6060

Hey guys,
I am here on the lake in Canandaigua, just checking in to see if anyone is on here? I am getting my 05 Challenger delivered from R.C. Congel on wednesday. I may use this thread to post stuff about the boat, or misc stuff that happens. I got a 2005 Challenger, 215hp, blue seadoo stickers. Rick

I got the boat delivered here in town yesterday! Still have not got it on the water yet due to work. Of course they forgot the bimini top, and no manual, lol. It starts right up, and seems to be in great overall shape with only 125 hrs of use on it. I can't wait for the first ride! rick

Put the boat in, 8 May 2010, in the sleet......

Hey,
I got the boat in the lake today at around 7pm after I got off of work. I had a buddy help, and we got er dun. Yes, it was 37 degrees, 50 mph winds, and sleeting..... But I had the chance and got it done. I took it to our boat slip, but first went for a ride and got her going nicely! The waves were a good foot or a bit more, and I think I got out of the water a couple times! It ran great, no issues at all! It is so much more quiet than my 97 challenger that I had last year. It leaps out of the water, and definately is better than the 97. Any hooo, she is moored in the slip, I will check her later to make sure all is good.

Ps. I was the ONLY person on the lake!!!! lmao.....:reddevil:

~~Hi Rick~~ I also got my speedster from Congel.... gave it a test ride yesterday, it was cold but no snow.... LOL I live on the north shore of Oneida lake .... I wonder who else is from N.Y. ???

hey

popeyez,
glad you got out there and did a test run! Congel seems pretty good, a few small issues with my boat, but they seem to be taking care of them. Have fun with the speedster! rick

radio

Hey Rick.... I gotta stop back at Congel to see if they have instructions for the radio/cd player... and also why my power socket (cigarette lighter) isn't workin... I bought a spot lite but it doesn't work in it........ If ya wanna e-mail me direct~~~ popeyez7@aol.com

15 May 2010.....

Lots more boats filling up the slips on the lake. I have been going out on little rides to test out the new boat and get familiar with it. The new tach is working great, and the new bilge pump is up and running! Just waiting on the speedometer and the boat is pretty much set! I am adding sound proofing in the engine bay to quiet some of the noises. I am using foam as it is easy to insert in tight places and will be easy to remove for maintenance. I am going out this afternoon and will see if it is noticeable.

17 May 2010...

Took the boat out yesterday as it was warm. I see there is a Speedster on the East side of the lake, will have to stop in there sometime and talk to the owner. I am only getting about 7600rpm's on the engine, and am investigating. The oil is overfilled and I am taking some out asap. I may open up the airbox and see if that helps too, then put a K&N filter on it. After Memorial day weekend, I am pulling the Supercharger and sending it to green hulk for a rebuild and maybe an X model impeller! I topped off the boat when I put it in the water, and added 6.5 gallons on the 15th. I may use this as a blog and record my fuel too. I have probably put about 2.5 hours on it so far.

Boat wouldn't start.....

Tried to start her up a few days ago, and nothing. Got the 2 beeps, battery tested fine, fuses were fine, but nothing. I thought I heard some clicking under the throttle area, so I went in there, moved a few things around, put it back together and the starter turned over and she started! So I had been thinking it was not quite in neutral, and that is what it seems to have been. Took the wife out for a ride, saw the Canandaigua Lady out on a trip, and just took a spin in the northern part. Probably another 1/2 hour of riding. Oh ya, got the remote commander in for the dash, so the radio is not a pain in the butt! Rick

~~ not water proof~~

~~ Hi Rick..... I've been wantin to get back to ya, but been kinda busy. sold my big sail boat, now I have some bucks to put towards my small pole barn for my TOYS:) A couple of weeks ago my girl & I went to Sylvan bch. got into some ruff water, but we faired OK. It gave me an idea of it's limits (no big waves allowed)...... This Sat. I went to the Hobie cat races (Madcatter) on Oneida lake, nice winds but nothing in big in waves (untill later)..
I left the dock and after I got out there the waves were big and I was gettin swamped, going up... said the heck with it and went down wind, much better. killed alotta time down in the river, stopped and had lunch, had to kill more time untill late afternoon when the wind died down so I could make it home... about 1/2 way up the lake to Bernhards Bay... about 12+ miles... it started out good, not much in wave action. got a few miles out and the wind picked up, like alot.... The hatch covers are not that water proof. Everything in there got WET including my new & expensive camera, (Took picts of the Madcatter) Some water got in it, but I won't turn it on yet~~ I wanna let it dry real good.... I got hammered with waves from the front & side, got my rain coat out from the DRY back storage over the motor, at least that helped alot......... The next day I put extra weather stripping on the BLACK stripping that is already on there and anything that WASN'T water tight.... also the area where the radio & gagues are mounted (had some water in there too).... The hatches close harder, thats good !!! but I think it will work ok:hurray: ..... Gonna have to try another wet run sometime, without my camera!!!!!!!!! just to be sure .... stay in touch!!
Paul,,, popeyez7 (at) aol (dot) com

25 May 2010

Well, we went out on the lake today as it was around 85 or so! Rolled over to the west side of the lake where are new rental house is and we chilled out. We did some raking of the lakefront area, and I cleaned the boat up a bit. Then we took a cruise down towards cliffside, and turned north along the east side. Well after stopping at the shallow area where the pile of rocks is, we ran out of gas! I couldn't believe it, the gas gauge had read 3/4 then was down to 1/2 and dropped all the way to empty! I will have to check the fuel gauge out a bit. I didn't think I had burned that much fuel either, but i guess it burns it! I estimate 39 gallons so far, and I was thinking 4 or 5 hours of time at the most. OH well, I am gonna track my fuel, then when it goes in for a service get an accurate total time. Any hoo, I borrowed 5 gallons from a worker at a nice house on the east side. Filled it back up at the house, then returned it! Oh ya, sometimes it is not starting due to the neutral switch i guess, I will have to work on it a bit too. Today was really hot, rpm's were down a bit too, I think I am sending the supercharger out on tuesday after the holiday for new washers. Other than that, need to put the new remote commander in asap! OH ya, saw a 155hp speedster on the east side.

29 May 2010

Took the family out last night for a beautiful tour of the lake! I moved into a new place (rental house) on the west side of the lake and it is awesome. The family helped us move in, so we did some boating! I got up on the wakeboard, but i was tired pretty darn quick, lol. My sister and nephew did some tubing, the boat ran fine. Put 11 gallons in at the marina near the sand bar. Toured around the lake that evening at 2000 rpm and saw some nice homes. Today i put the new speedo in and it is working! I got the remote commander unit installed in the dash and routed part way. Need to route it all the way to the stereo, then add power! Will be nice to operate radio without opening the glovebox! 88 outside, tomorrow even warmer! Swam alot yesterday, water is not tooooo bad. rick

3 Jun 2010

Well, The water is warming up, got 70 on the pool thermomter in the top 1 foot of the lake! We got the manual boat lift moved into my dock space and it works great! Just have to tweak it a bit, but the challenger fits on it perfectly. So now I can raise it out of the water for the time it is not being used, and for cleaning. I went to pull the SC out on Monday but need a torx box wrench for the single (forward) torx. I got that ordered through Ebay and will pull the SC on this Monday to send to greenhulk for a rebuild. Lots of boats on the lake for Memorial Day weekend!

21 June 2010

Had a great weekend on the lake with family on the boat! The boat is running great, and I have had no issues with it at all. It has been in the water now for over 2 months and no water is coming in at all. Keeping it clean is tough at times, but I will cover it for long periods of non-use. I am seeing a few more Seadoo's on the lake as it warms up. I have still not found my GPS to get an accurate speed of the boat. Any ways, the Canandaigua Lady is down at the bottom of the lake in Naples getting repairs I guess. I was wondering why she was not going by on her daily tours. My rpm's are still only around 7500 or so, but it does go to 8000rpm's when I nail it. I think the clutch is slipping a bit, but that is fine.

3 July 2010

The boat is running great and we are really enjoying it alot! I have the remote commander wired in and working, but not all the way routed yet. I got the cable to the left side speaker but have to figure out how to get it up to the stereo unit in the glovebox. I think I will have to pull out the cup holder on the left side near the seat to get that cable up and to the stereo. Anyways, we are having family over for the 4th and it is gonna be a great weekend!

6 July 2010

Had a long ride yesterday with my wife, dad, and nephew! We hit the german brothers marina and put in 11 gallons as it was at half a tank, and headed out! We did the whole lake, all the way to Naples along the west side, then to the top along the east side! Stopped alot to swim and relax as it was 90 degrees out! We did around 28 miles total, cruising at 5500 rpms which is around 20mph for my boat. I washed her up good today, and she is looking great. Lucky to have the bimini top yesterday due to the sun being brutal! rick

Hey I'm from Rochester too and come down there sometimes, where abouts do you keep your boat, how is the police on the lake? We usually bring down jet skis.

~~~ Havin Fun ~~~

~ Hello Ski bum... Welcome to the club,, I live on Oneida lake just so ya know.... How ya doin Hawk, sounds like yer havin fun with the new toy, so am I and me & ya girl to...... It's been awhile since I've been up here but I have seen the post you've put up..... We launched the boat at the west end of Onieda lk and went up the river. went through lock 23 & lock 24 at Baldwinsville took a trip to Cross lake then up river some more to or close to Montazuma.....( I didn't spell that right did I? screw it, ya know where I mean ) did that a couple of times.. A few weeks ago we took it up to Sodus Bay and played around there and also on the big pond. I sail up there sometimes and know some of my sailin buddys. Had lotta fun !!!!!
We have VACATION comin up at the end of July and were eyein The St. Lawerence~~ somewhere north of Alex Bay ( can't think of the name of it now)..... Were also eyein lake Champlain, (Westport), my girl is from up there and she has some family there.~Well happy boatin and boat safe~:grouphug:

16 Jul 2010

We are still enjoying the boat and glad we got it! I took the GPS out on it the other day and clocked 44.1 mph which is not too bad. The lake is really warming up, probably around 74 or 75 degrees now!

Thinking of taking the boat down to Canandaigua Lake this Sunday, Anything I should know about the lake? Places to check out, area's to stay away from etc.

Thanks

Places to go on the lake

Kernal,
I take it you have a seadoo, so just watch out for the algae/weed as it is growing more and more. U just need to watch out near the Public Boat Launch area in the NW corner of the lake, and the pier area near there. I sucked a bit up last weekend checking out the cottages on the pier, but just pulled it out and we were fine. You can eat at the Sand Bar near the boat launch as you come out on your left. Or you can go to the Public docks in the North Middle of the lake and Eat at the Restaurant right there. At the bottom of the lake (about 17 miles) you can eat in Naples right on the lake and get some gas too. Everyone hangs out near the Squaw Island or near the kershaw park. Hope this helps.

rick
2005 challenger

Thanks, I've got a 2001 challenger 1800. Family wants to go for ride, since the boat is in the yard.

Reisling Festival Weekend...

Had a great time on the lake with some friends and at the Reisling Festival. The wine tent was not impressive, but the beer tent was fun! The music was great, and then we chilled out on the water. It was windy but fun, ran into the guys from Victor with another nice seadoo! Boat is running great!

End of summer.....

Well, that year flew bye! The challenger ran great, no issues to speak of. Not sure of the hours we put on, but only way to know is to take it to the stealership. Gonna pull it out of the lake soon, winterize it, clean it up, and put it away in the backyard. Plan on the pulling the supercharger in the spring and sending it out for the green wheel and a rebuild.

qwik rick

Took the boat out today......23 Oct 2010

55 degrees out today, so I figured I would take the Sea Doo out. I bought a Reese hitch off of ebay for the tiguan for $83.41, and got the tongue and ball at wal-mart for $21.97. I will wire it up in the spring as the drive home from the launch is like 1.5 miles. I drove the tiguan and trailer to the marina and rode my mtn bike back to the house. I put some marine stabil in a gallon of gas and put it in the sea doo, and rode it up to the marina. I pulled the trailer into a slot and just pulled the sea doo over with a mooring line. Then a ton of people walk up and start asking a million questions, all the while I am trying to get the boat on the trailer. Any hoo, i slid the boat right up the trailer and hooked it up with the strap, then the chain. I pulled it home and then took off all the cushions, and pulled everything out of her. Tomorrow I am going to winterize it, wash it, put the cover on, and park it in my neighbors back yard. In the spring I plan on pulling the supercharger for the green wheel and some more HP!!! OH ya, I jumped in the lake about 3 weeks ago when I sucked up some weeds. Must have been in early October. later!

Back