Can you help me figure out what Sea-Doo iv got.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

quickstrike

So I have picked up this non running Sea-Doo supposedly it's a 2005 GTI.
It's in rough condition and needs a lot of TLC but from what I gather this forum is
The best shot iv got in getting her up and running.

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo forum. It looks like an early model 4-tec GTI, look at the HIN (hull identification number), the last two digits is the model year. Also post a larger picture, I'm sure one of the 4-tec guys can help.

Lou

If its the one in the picture under your name then it appears to be a early 4tec rental model. As Lou mentioned, look at your hull id and post it here. Someone can tell you what it is better that way.

Thank you Lou and kk40384 Yes it is the one in the picture. I'm not sure if the HIN #is there not sure where to look. This ski gas been through the ringer is the only thing I'm sure of. I have a pic of the engine and mpem I'll post I figured I would start with a new MPEM and go from there but I know I'll need to get the right one. image.jpg

This is the MPEM guessing it's like the brain for the ski top fuse is now hard wire and lots
Of corrosion on the 1a fuse spot. I had a good buzzing sound when I plugged everything in with a fresh
Battery but only the fuel pump turned on when I attempted to start. Guess the buzz from mpem means
Check my grounds and connections. image.jpgimage.jpg

So i was digging around a bit and noticed that there's nothing behind the VTS/set/and mode buttons only a start button. Does this sound right to anyone??? Also if I purchase a new MPEM will it work with my old Lanyard or should the MPEM come with a lanyard. I appreciate all the inputs as this is my first SeaDoo and quite a learning process.

So i was digging around a bit and noticed that there's nothing behind the VTS/set/and mode buttons only a start button. Does this sound right to anyone??? Also if I purchase a new MPEM will it work with my old Lanyard or should the MPEM come with a lanyard. I appreciate all the inputs as this is my first SeaDoo and quite a learning process.

you ski most likely did not come with a vts option.. its not uncommon for certain buttons to be blank.. the housings were more of a universal housing they used on nearly every ski.. your keys could with work a new computer, however if you dont have a candoo or access to a budds system.. they will not work.. you best bet is to look for a computer that already has a set of keys programmed to it.

the lanyards are not programmed to your MPEM, they are programmed to your ECU for all 4tecs. so, yes, if you change your MPEM, you won't need to program a new key. the MPEM is not the brain, it is just a fuse box and power distribution center. the brain is the ECU.

Thank you for the great info. Iv got a new starter, used MPEM, a new lanyard and a scandoopro setup.
Hopefully I can get this little thing up and running in a few more weeks. This forum is still the best on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back