2018 sea doo gti 155 se sputtering at start....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DaTurk

Hi everyone,

New to the site but not new to the sea-doo, my bro and I have 2, 2018 GTI 155 SE (we bought them in brand new), both having the same issue, both have about 67 hrs. on them, it started last year after we did an oil change, (oil level was little above the top line, this year we sucked little oil to bring to the mid-level), I thought that it might be related to oil being little above the top line, but no change so far, (we opened the season yesterday 6-1-23), so, what happens is, after we put the PWC's on the water and stared up starts right up, no problems there, but when you try to take off, we get vibration and they don't take off, like it use too, they bug down, sputters, after about 5 to 10 minutes on the water on idle 5 to 6 mph, after they warm-up, they go back to normal, and it's like nothing happened, everything is back to normal, last year we didn't get to take them out as often as we like, life got busy, we both put may be total of 2 hours after oil change, this year we're hoping that more time on the water, anyhow, anyone have any idea what might be going on?
Thank you kindly.

Change the plugs , while taking them out note the color and condition and record it. Maybe a weak coil or some old fuel too? But it sounds like plugs
We sucked the old fuel and put fresh fuel this year, so, I go change the plugs and report back.
Thank you for your reply.

I change my oil and plugs every 50 hours. Even though the owners manual states every 100 hours..

Back