New 2-stroke owner and a couple questions.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Hi! I said in another thread that I just got this Sea Doo. A 2004 GTI LE (my first PWC). I got a chance to take it out on the water for the first time and I have a couple of questions I'm hoping some experienced owners can help me with.

1) Should there be any water in the bilge after riding it? I got it home to do the flushing and noticed about an inch of water in the bilge (yes, I checked to make sure the 2 plugs were in, I have had other boats in the past). Is this normal and how do I get it out, or should I not worry about it until storage time?

2) I was doing the flushing with the water hose and I noticed that it rattles like a jingle bell. A lot. I assume that it's because the impeller is spinning dry, but is the bearing shot? How can I tell if I need to have anything replaced in the driveline?

3) I visually checked the fuel and oil level before heading out on the water (I didn't go far because I wasn't sure of the condition and didn't want to get stranded anywhere). The fuel level seems to indicate pretty spot on, but the oil warning light was on despite there being about half a tank of oil in the reservoir. Is there anything else that will turn the oil warning light on that I should be concerned about?

4) It seemed like there was a lot of smoke when it was idling and during flushing. Is this normal? I know that 2-strokes smoke some, but this seemed like a lot. Then again, I don't know what a lot is. When I was on the water WOT, it seemed like it smoked a lot less, almost none at all, but sitting near the dock, waiting to tie up, it was smoking enough that I could see it hovering over the water.

Thanks for any help that you can give in answering my first of probably many, many questions.

Nuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back