Can I move the speedometer mounting point a little higher or over to the side? Want to install smart tab..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 96 Speedster and am about to pull the trigger on one of those nauticasA9F6F2F4-40C3-49D4-8FB3-97DF4818E3F6.png stainless smart tabs to install in the center of the rear of the transom. The drain plug I will be able to keep in place but wouldn’t the speedometer read inaccurate if I leave it where it is and trim around the tab mounting point?

I’m thinking to move the speedo over to the side of the center or mount it just about 1-2 inches higher that it sits now on the hull itself? The tabs have stainless mounts that are sturdy enough to mount the speedo bracket itself to if you guys think that would work okay as well...the tabs should only move “lower” into the water and not upwards to the point where they would touch the spinning wheel of the speedometer pickup.

Thanks for any advice,

Donnie

Thats an aftermarket one I think. My OEM one on my 97 speedster is mounted to the side.

Attachments

• 20181015_223117.jpg
    20181015_223117.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 32
That's great! I'll just move it over to the side and cut a little half moon in the tab bracket like yours!

How do you like the trim tab by the way?

Thanks so much,

Donnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back