Hawk Eye Depth Gauge Install with pic.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna need a small child to install my transducer in there. there is no room to get under the hull at all, unless im mister fantastic and can strech my arms. well see when I try to install it.

GET a Depth Finder

Not a SeaDoo - but it was my second Jet boat 1st was an Ultranautics JetStar #2 Bayliner REFLEXX 14 footer - now I am on #3 a 1800 Challenger year 2000 with the Merc V6 -

Attachments

• Boat mud 08 037 small.jpg
    Boat mud 08 037 small.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 160
Great write up for sure. I just ordered one on ebay. Everything is in austrailian money though. I am waiting for Norcross to call me back about that before I give them my credit card#.

Does transducer work good through hull?

Just wondering if you have had any issues with bad readings when transducer is reading through the hull.
Just so I am clear there is no drilling the hull to mount the transducer either?
Thanks for the post-really good info. - it is always nice to know how deep it is when you are cruising?
Has anybody had any experience with the GPS/DepthFinder units?
Keep up the good work!

The transducers is just epoxied to the bottom. If you use a depth finder gps unit it is a slower sounder unit. This depth finder is a great unit running at top speed. Mine works great in my 200 speedster at 55+ mph, uness the silt on the bottom is too soft to return a signal.

Karl

I am going to do the same thing you did Snipe. My Speedo doesn't work anymore either and my mechanic said the guage was fine and the pickup was fine it was the MPEM that wasn't working right. I am not replacing an $1800 computer just to get my speed. I will remove the speedo and put it in there and buy a GPS for speed.

Thanks for spotting the Hawkeye on ebay for a really cheap price and sending me the link. I was able to get my bid in with under 30 minutes to spare.
Now, I'll be reading your post so that I don't have to do the trial and error thing on the transducer to find where it works best!
Thanks again for the heads up on it Karl!..........
BTW, will that allow me to go any faster and keep up with your new twin engine 4-TEC, or will I still be eatin your salt spray?

I ordered one for my speedster too, so you'll have to look for more horse power elsewhere. I might want to replace my clarion CD/AM/FM in the speedster for one that has a remote controller I can install on driver side. The stereo is on the passenger dash. Would you be interested? I haven't used it yet it is model 255,/ with detachable face. Let me know.

Just ordered mine today...I'll do a write up of the install on a 99 Speedster SK next week hopefully. Thanks for the great information!

This other thread got off the Hydro-turf topic quite a bit as Gerrychuck and I starting sharing ideas on the wiring and transcuder placement in our C2K's

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?41545-Hydro-Turf-install

I did have some good pics of the fusebox and ground post for the wiring. Gerrychucks directions for power were flawless and it worked the first time. We got hot power off the fuse box, but used an inline fuse that came with our depthfinders for protection.

Good luck!

I have mine installed.. I used the one for the watercraft that is just a digital guage.. mounted in between pumps on outside of hull for accuarcy.. I will get/post pics.. Has been a lifesaver in coves that have silt buildups..paid round 65.00 but worth every penny..

What is the reason for the preference of the HawkEye gauge over the factory one, assuming you have a unit that can accommodate the factory unit?

Most of us had no factory guage. I would guess if SeaDoo had a guage you could order as an option, it would be much more expensive than the Hawkeye or a cheap Lowrance.

Most of us had no factory guage. I would guess if SeaDoo had a guage you could order as an option, it would be much more expensive than the Hawkeye or a cheap Lowrance.

I believe my 03 GTX has the capacity to install it. What I would be interested to know is, price aside, what is the difference. IOW, performance wise, why would I get one over the other. TIA

We are talking boats, not PWC. There is no reason to replace the factory guage on a PWC. Nor is it all that important to even have on a PWC.

Everyone still happy with mounting the transducer in the engine compartment? Just in front of the intake, on the drivers side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back