Broken E Box Mounts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreekerMike

Greetings all, Hope everyone is fairing well through the covid and the cold weather!
Now to my question. Is there any known fix or good solution for repairing the small tabs on the back of the e box that lock it into the mounting tray? Overtime they seem to become brittle and in hard riding I've broken the tabs off 3 E Box's.
I've thought about riveting in some bungee mounts similiar to those that hold the waterbox in place and using a bungee to secure the box. I've also thought about epoxying/screwing on a piece of 1/8th inch aluminum to the box and using that as a tab. However I think there's a possibility that may just break off more of the plastic.
Any help or ideas are apreciated!20220126_052249.jpg20220126_052256.jpg

I think your bungee option is probably the best one. Getting the length correct will be the biggest PIA. LOL But you won't have to worry about anything else breaking.

I think your bungee option is probably the best one. Getting the length correct will be the biggest PIA. LOL But you won't have to worry about anything else breaking.
The more I think about it the bungee does seem to be the better of the 2 ideas. Simpler and more Fail proof. Just have to decide wether to run it across the box or front to back.
Still hoping someone who has fixed this before will chime in.

I use them for other stuff, my e-boxes are all ok. I just thought it would work well for your use-case. You can pull them extremely tight.

Bungy it some machines came factory with bungy cords.or get big zip ties and zip it.me personally I would zip it instead of trying to squeeze in there and try and screw with a bungy cord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back