Boat insurance questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosta24

Just wondering what kind of annual rates I should be looking at as a first time pwc owner? $450 a year is the best i could do so far with a $750 deductible. This covers the boat at $10,000 and 1 million liability. Anyone know of any insurance companies in canada that can offer better rates?

Just wondering what kind of annual rates I should be looking at as a first time pwc owner? $450 a year is the best i could do so far with a $750 deductible. This covers the boat at $10,000 and 1 million liability. Anyone know of any insurance companies in canada that can offer better rates?

if you have a bunch of other stuff try a quote for a seperate umbrella policy. I carry 2M liability umbrella for like $350 and you can reduce the amount on home(s), cars, bot, skis, etc

I went with Progressive in the US because they had by far the best options for me and allowed many features to be customized to the needs of your own personal liking, thus reducing price. I am at $181.00/yr boat and trailer coverage - $300k per person/incident Liability, actual cash value of boat for Comp. & collision & includes towing <75 miles offshore. Not sure if they have license to sell in Canada.

I pay $370 a year for my two skis and my trailer. I also pay 99 a year for a generic 2 million dollar umbrella policy that covers anything and everything I own. I do this as you just never know. It only takes one jerk to ruin your life sometimes...

Wow! That's only about $16/month JR... not bad. I may have to switch my auto coverages to Progressive and add the RXT. I think Geico is overcharging me for my pickup coverage really.

Of course if we don't start getting rain it isn't going to matter, Texas is becoming a desert state and I don't do saltwater!

- Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure part of the reason it is so affordable for me is,,,

I am 47 years old, have 2 vehicles and a motor cycle insured with them. No accidents or claims at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back