Bimini top repair - HELP!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wlester

Last year I had brought my 2004 SeaDoo 4-TEC in to be winterized for storage. When I stopped by a gas station to fill it up, when I rolled the boat cover back, I noticed that the bimini top leg mount had come out of the aluminum leg. This is the plastic mount that is attached to the boat on the driver's side of the boat. It started to snow that day, so I just got it into the garage and decided to deal with it when it got warmer.

I tried, but there is a groove in the part of the plastic mount that is inserted into the leg of the bimini top where, during the construction of the bimini top, would crimp the aluminum leg into the groove so that it would not fall off. I thought it would pop right back in, but nope. I tried hammering it in, nope.

I brought it to the dealer last week to get it ready for the summer and told them that the piece had come out. They assured me that it was easy and that they could just pop it back in. I called them today to see if it was ready, and they told me that they couldn't find a part to repair the bimini top and that I would have to purchase an entire bimini top because SeaDoo discontinued the parts needed to repair.

Remember, this is something that THEY did to my boat. I have no idea how it came out and I have no idea how to get it back in. Has this happened to anybody and how the heck are you supposed to fix it?

It would be a lot easier if I had a picture of it, but I figured they would fix their mistake.

I had the same problem, but I managed to get the fitting out & took it to the local Seadoo dealer and they had a similar one in stuck. To get the old one out I drilled most of it, then collapsed the edges in to pull it out. To get the new one in, I also thought I also thought I would be able to hammer it in. I got a dremmel with a flap wheel on, and polished the inside of the tube on the bimini top. Then I just kept trying the fitting until it went in.

are you just talking about the black plastic mount that is inserted into the metal tube? IF so, thats an easy fix. They can be bought on ebay..universal type for like 5 bucks. Pop it in and either rivet it or run a bolt through the tube to hold it. They mke the kind that go in the tube and doe on the outside like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back