Bimini Hardware?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgardner928

I'm going to be replacing my Hardware from plastic and stainless. I noticed they have inside and caps and they've outside end caps. Just looking for a preference of what most people like. The inside ones rotate 360 don't they? Does that make him any better because they rotate?

I'm just not 100% sold on the set screw. If you over tighten it you can strip the threads on the Allen key head. But it's not tight enough the whole thing will come apart. Which is why I'm leaning towards the inside one.

Attachments

• 20181029_223500.jpg
    20181029_223500.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20181029_223449.jpg
    20181029_223449.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 18
Those set screws look like they can be trouble down the road. If you need to remove then and they are stuck, it will be a joy to remove.

If your hardware is stainless steel, then you should be fine. For some added assurance the set screws don't freeze, remove the screws and apply some anti-seizing compound to the threads.
Tightening a set screw against hollow tubes pipe is one of those things you have to play with. Too tight, and you crush the pipe, too loose and the tubing moves. I usually tighten until it touches the pipe , then add a 1/4 -turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back