below freezing in florida

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito2428

I have a 2009 speedster 255 hp that I keep outside. Sometimes the weather where I live will drop below freezing. What should I do for those few days each year?,am I supposed to winterize or is the there something elsle I could do?

I have a 2009 speedster 255 hp that I keep outside. Sometimes the weather where I live will drop below freezing. What should I do for those few days each year?,am I supposed to winterize or is the there something elsle I could do?

Better be careful, you are gonna' get the Canadians and those from the Northern US all fired up :cuss: with that post at this time of year! You don't know how they suffer! :lols: I used to live in Syracuse NY year-round and finally couldn't take it another year. :cheers: Here's to Florida!

I keep mine in the garage, so unfortunately I cannot help you with your question, but good luck dodging the rotten tomatoes they will be throwing!

!st Tomato coming at ya.....

Oh POOR BABY.....

But actually if you are concerned and you're home when the cold hits then just put a 60 watt light bulb in the engine area.(turn it on).
Just be careful of any gas fumes or leaks. It's surprising to know how much heat a single bulb can put out.

Are you sure you won't be riding it at all until about March?

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to talk with a 4-tek guy, but I'm pretty sure you have a closed loop cooling system, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just be sure you have sufficient coolant in your system and drain the water from the boat.

No tomatoes from here yet, we're still riding, but I think it's about over, I can't remember riding this late in the year. I'm usually back at the lake first weekend in April. So I'm hoping for a short winter.

Lou

LOL,thanks a lot everyone. I like the idea of putting a lightbulb in the engine compartment and yes I will be riding all year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back