Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Theduck

Trying to bring a 95 Speedster back to life after 10 year rest
Compression test one motor at 200psi both cyl, other motor 210/150 also plenty of oil spewing
from spark plug holes. reinstalled old plugs.
Removed old gas put in fresh to test fire and determine carb condition.
Wouldn't fire, primed with a little gas in carbs and motor #1 fired but no idle. 3 or 4 tries. ng
Believing the fuel system need more time to prime and also to prove fuel pump condition,
I made a small reservoir filled with a cup of 24/1 mixed fuel, from it I ran a supply and return line to the fuel pump.
It started with choking and achieved idle for several seconds so I shut it down. Same case for both motors.
Decided should replace old motor oil with fresh, drained the tank and cleaned it, vac'd as much oil as possible
from all oil lines using a brake bleeder tool. Installed 5 quarts Penzoil Marine into clean tank. Two days later I decided
to keep the small reservoir in place with the two stroke fuel an run each motor extended time to allow the fuel injection
system to purge remaining old oil. I hooked up the garden hose and ran each motor 3 or 4 minutes. The next day I hooked up the fuel
lines to the carbs and started each motor ran about 5 min each with the garden hose tool. Let sit for a few minutes then attempt
to start again and motor would not fire. Decided to confirm compression and discovered it had dropped. Same for both
motors. Motor cylinder inspection confirmed gulling of cylinder walls.
Any Ideas where I went wrong?
Moving forward, is boring the cylinders and up sizing piston/rings enough or should other things be replaced??
Thanks for any advice you can provide.

replace the carrier seal aswell if it sat that long it may be rdy to fail sometime soon it can seize onto the shaft mine as well get a thru hull fitting get rid of that plastic adapter while u in there too

replace the carrier seal aswell if it sat that long it may be rdy to fail sometime soon it can seize onto the shaft mine as well get a thru hull fitting get rid of that plastic adapter while u in there too
Can you explain what / where it is in the motor?

its not its after the flywheel attached to the driveshaft looks like this in in process of replacing mine

Attachments

• 20230521_103227.jpg
    20230521_103227.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 6
Ok Thank you. How do you align your drive shaft?
I''ve seen many tools on ebay, not sure if really need or which one is correct.

First, get a better compression tester as no seadoo should be at 200 psi.
Perfect compression is 150 psi but you could be oil flooded causing the high reading.
60 psi difference between cylinders is really bad.

You have to rebuild the carbs correctly with Genuine Mikuni parts after sitting for 10 years. Do it or you are just going to be chasing your tail.

What is the major difference in a 1995 and a 1996 Seadoo Speedster. Searching for parts the 1995 is not an option for searching where as the 1996 is the oldest model year listed?

Back