Any ideas?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasm7X

I have a 95 657x that when you try to start it, it turns over for a split secong then stops, if I unplug the coil from the MPEM then it will turn over fine, would this be a bad coil or stator? I know the wire I am disconecting from the MPEM is the RPM sensing wire. Open to all ideas before I tear it apart. Thanks:confused:

It may be hydrolocking oil if your cranks seals have leaked while the ski sits.
Remove the spark plugs and spin over 6-8 times in 10 secound bursts, do not
overheat starter. If no oil comes out, do a compression test. Take out the battery and to an auto parts store and get a free load test. Have you heard any recent
Rattling in the motor?

mpem

sounds like you need a new mpem/cpu. If your disconnecting the black/red wire from the coil area, then your rev limiter is shorted out in the mpem...being that yr, those mpems are found everywhere, and cheap.

Maybe?

Well you guys will need all the info, I just need to remember to tell you everything. The motor just went back in, fresh oil and not hydroed. New MPEM, compresion 145 both sides, with plugs out it does the same thing, and if you jump the solenoid it will turn over fine. Kind of baffling? I have worked on a lot of these, this is the first time I have ever seen 1 do this, it's like the MPEM is getting an RPM signal and releasing the starter, the coil is still hooked up to the mag, and unplug it from the MPEM and it will turn over fine. I almost think the coil and or stator are shorted, going to get some OHM readings tonight, will keep you posted. Thanks

I had this problem last year!

ok so it sould like the battery is to blame or the solenoid has gone bad. make sure the battery is charged and try starting seadoo uses a electronic ignition to start the ski a a weak battery or solenoid could be to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back