Help 98 Gti 717 no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Crazyfun201

I have a 97 and 98 gti both with 717. I have no spark. I've checked the stator and get 30 volts from black and black and red wire while cranking and get 6.5 across the yellow when cranking. I have nothing going to the ignition coil on the white wire. Mpem is good was run on another ski. All fuses and grounds have been cleaned and checked

I have a 97 and 98 gti both with 717. I have no spark. I've checked the stator and get 30 volts from black and black and red wire while cranking and get 6.5 across the yellow when cranking. I have nothing going to the ignition coil on the white wire. Mpem is good was run on another ski. All fuses and grounds have been cleaned and checked
Hi get back to me I’m having the same problem … many tests done with no luck no spark … I haven’t tried taking my mpem out though and sending it to my friend who has the same
1997 challenger boat as me… he could test it by putting it in his boat and see if it works…

How did you check you get 30v from black and black and red wire when cranking?
the stator give 30V?

And you have nothing on the positive white wire going to ignition coil?

You put that mpem
On thé other ski you have and it makes it run?

I stripped the wires back and put my leads on them and cranked the motor over. That's how I tested it. Then I ran a new ground wire from the block to the battery and and a new ground wire from the block to the ignition coil and it runs. I couldn't see the spark but ingot the nerve to grab the plug and spin it over and got a shock. I was getting 20 vac to the ignition coil from the gray wire. Hope this helps

I stripped the wires back and put my leads on them and cranked the motor over. That's how I tested it. Then I ran a new ground wire from the block to the battery and and a new ground wire from the block to the ignition coil and it runs. I couldn't see the spark but ingot the nerve to grab the plug and spin it over and got a shock. I was getting 20 vac to the ignition coil from the gray wire. Hope this helps
So how did you fix your no spark prpb
Let me see if I understand
Basically the problem with your mpem was that you fixed it by adding a new ground from the block to the battery and a new ground wire from the block to the ignition coil
And that made it run now ?
Get spark ?
And start the pwc?

Back