another totally dead seadoo wake pro215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JscottC

Symptoms. Totally dead. No gauges will come on or power up if you hit the start button. Checked all the fuses and replaced relay in fuse box. There are two power feed wires from the starter solenoid to the fuse box. I have closed circuit on the one row of fuses with the power feed wire but not the second wire. Is that normal? I was not sure if something else powered the other row. Any ideas on what else to look at? Thanks

Yes Appollopark. Battery was charged and replaced and even replaced with a know working battery. As they say, never overlook the obvious. I checked every circuit but was bored and jumped the solenoid and nothing happened. Checked between the ground at the battery and engine block and yelled the f word when I had no continuity. Loosed the ground wire bolt and re tighten and it fired right up. Thanks for answering.

In the basic sense, nothing happening is a telltale sign of no power delivery. It's either a bad battery, or faulty wiring/connections. My buddy had the same issue with his 2007 GTI, and we started with a fully charged battery.......when the button was pressed, nothing. Come to find out, it was the battery hot cable going to the started solenoid......we removed the cable, cut it open and it was oxidized internally with a white/blue powder.......no continuity. Replaced the cable and power restored.

Back