Seadoo RXP No Power to Fuse Box

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

remix919

I'm working on a 2008 Seadoo RXP and the issue is no power to anything. I pulled up an electrical diagram started tracing power from the battery to the Relay Fuse Box, it's getting power and i'm getting power going into the main relay and power on the RE/WH and BK wires of the main relay but no power going out the RE/BL wire going to the Main Fuse Box. I know the relay is good because I took it off my other Seadoo ski that runs fine. Is the RE/WH supposed to have constant power from the relay or does it need to be activated by grounding one of the other wires?

The main relay is not closing RE/BL to RD/BL contacts, its missing BL/PU power from the dess post if the relay and battery are both good.

Last edited:
The main relay is not closing RE/BL to RD/BL contacts, its missing BL/PU power from the dess post if the relay and battery are both good.
I was looking at the wiring diagram and noticed the 2 BL/PU lines from the grounds in the Relay box go to both the DESS post and the ECM, would the DESS post be the sole cause of the contacts not closing or could the ECM also cause that? or does both need to close in order for power to be sent to the main fuse box?

Also, does it matter which way the relay goes in? I realized it could be inserted both directions and tried both but neither worked

My understanding of your system would be that when you attach the key to the dess post your ski should power up and then the ECM checks for the proper key, telling the beeper to beep twice and supply the ground to the starter relay to allow cranking when the start switch is closed. It is also my understanding that the start/stop switch, the dess post or the ECM can be causing your issues. I am not sure how the ECM is involved with the initial power up but it must have something to do with the BK-PU circuit. The start/stop switch can stick closed fooling the ECM that you're calling for engine shutdown. When you attach the key the BL/PU at the fuse box should have power.

The 30AMP relay can go in either direction.

My understanding of your system would be that when you attach the key to the dess post your ski should power up and then the ECM checks for the proper key, telling the beeper to beep twice and supply the ground to the starter relay to allow cranking when the start switch is closed. It is also my understanding that the start/stop switch, the dess post or the ECM can be causing your issues. I am not sure how the ECM is involved with the initial power up but it must have something to do with the BK-PU circuit. The start/stop switch can stick closed fooling the ECM that you're calling for engine shutdown. When you attach the key the BL/PU at the fuse box should have power.

The 30AMP relay can go in either direction.
Yup, this was my problem, I disassembled the dess post and with the key on I jumped the black and black/yellow and the gauge cluster turned on but nothing happened when I hit the start button, I'm assuming that might be because I also just installed a brand new gauge cluster that may need to be programmed to the ECM via BUDS, anyone know if a 2008 RXP 215 requires gauge cluster programming or should it just work?

Back