Alternative 2nd Stereo Battery Solution?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nohassle5

I have a 98 speedster without a factory stereo. After 2 seasons without tunes, I’ve finally decided to drop in something. I’m planning on dropping in a head unit, 4x6.5's, and a couple of 10” subs with an amp. Instead of wiring everything to the main battery, or adding a full size second battery and switch (as RFoster and others have done), would it be possible to put an isolated smaller motorcycle/lawn tractor battery just to power the stereo? I already charge the main battery between uses, so another battery on the charger wouldn’t be an inconvenience. Has anyone done this? What grounding issues would I need to concern myself with?.....
Ready for the onslaught.
Thanks for everyone’s input in advance.

A motorcycle battery would last about 8 minutes with the stereo your planning to put in. Motorcycle battery 12AH, marine battery 100AH. Also normal batterys dont take to well to being drained and charged, drained and charged......

Yeah it wont last. It really is much easier than you think. It takes less than 2 hours and under 200 bucks. Find the thread i did and it has everything you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back