ahhh

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

insaneta

well the marine corp decided to block seadoo forum and yahoo mail so unless i want to pay four bucks an hour i cant get on. i guess i'll talk to you all when i get home in april

The marine corps blocked seadooforum?! Wow. We must be taking up way too much of your time :) Well good luck and be safe. See you on here when you get home.

Time......

Nah Greg....I doubt it was the amount of time, it was just that there was too much fun to be had. The military doesn't like you to mix fun with deployment. It's to much of a morale booster and would cause to much laughter and happiness...........
Keep your head down insaneta............horah.......Semper Fi

hmm

yeah the marine corp doesnt like happy marines... if were happy then were not as mean and brutal so i guess its counter productive...lol:rofl: however marines are a lot smarter these days so it appears that one of my friends in the comm shop managed to bypass the filters so i can get on here again. who knows how long it will last but we'll see. until then onto the fun.

ohand the only reason they blocked it is because its a forum.... for somereason they block all the forums. dont make sense but then what about the marine corp or military in general does

forums.....

Your right, it won't be long before they find out and shut that link down too. I'm sure the military have the top of the line IT guys, that moniter all internet activity.
I think they have software that locates forum traffic, because it's a communication link where information could be passed on to informats pretending to be doing something completely honest. It's a link to the outside world and other people (not of your kind). That's my opinion on it.
But I'm amazed that you even have that much. When I was in the Navy, for 8 long miserable years, when we left the states, there was no contact at all, outside snail mail and the teletype info on world news that they stapled to a bulletin board outside the living quarters. When we came back after a 6 or 9 month deployment, the music that was once our favorite stuff, was old and not even played on radio anymore......it was all new. And the only time you heard the word computer, was if someone was talking about an episode of the "Star Trek"..... We used to sit on the deck of the ship, as we got closer to the Unitied States, trying to pick up a radio signal. I remember the first song I picked up on my try was "Fame", by David Bowie........I thought it was kinda cool, but I tried to figure out who was singing the song. At the end, they said David Bowie, I was shocked. Never figured he do any kind of music outside his ziggy stardust character(I'm sure you don't know what I'm talking about).
When we were in Saudi Arabia........that really sucked. No beer, no music, no television and no WOMEN!........
We got an "Asteriods" game put onboard before my last deployment, that 250 sailors fought over while underway. I bet I spent $2000 dollars in that damn thing......................:rofl:
You'll be home soon!..............just don't forget about your Sea-Doo family when you do!...............:cheers:

yeah its a big differnce. there making everyone into a bunch of p****'s. its kinda wierd we havent had a real war in a long time. we just walked through iraq. i think your kind of right about the forum thing. they let everyone do more though so i dont think its that. i think they just meant to block it during working hours and not all the time. who knows. i'll def stay in contact with all of you guys though.
i got another off topid question though do they have a lot of corals where you guys ride?

In Florida where I ride it is all sand. not much of any coral. Even when I go Scuba Diving in the Gulf, unless it's on man made reefs it's all sand.

yeah i was just curious. i was thinking about making a nice salt water tank at home when i get back and for 40 pounds of "live sand"(sand from the ocean) it was like $120....lol it would almost be cheaper to drive down there and get it myself

I have a couple dive buddies that get their own tropical fish when they dive, for their fish tank. The only real problem is the upkeep of the saltwater tank can be over whelming.

Fresh water....

I've had fresh (brackish) water aquariums all my life. Started when I was a teen. Parents keep them while I was on duty.
I got two 55 gallons at the moment. But at the height of my aquarium fun, I also had several 30's, and 4 ten gallons. I used the 10 gallons as hospital tanks and for raising brine shrimp for their food.
Fresh are a lot easier to mantain.

even more in common

wow. believe it or not iactually went to school for enviromental technology and way before that i was always into that stuff. the older i get i love the water more and more. i dont think you guys have it to much down there but were getting ready to get another boat as soon as i get home for crabbing. if you ever come to md i'll have to tak you out. thats a great experience. a lot bette rthen fishing. as far as the fish tanks go i just have a 30 now and my dad has one that he built and then theres a couple here and there. its hard being all over the place to keep evrything the way i like it. i was really looking into a salt water tank andsetting up my reef. from what i've done and learned recently it seems to be a lot easier to take care of the salt water fish then people think. the real kicker is taking care of the reefs. they can be hard. live coral has all kinds of needs. i think my new found passion is cichlids though. normally i just do the whole freshwater tropical thing but i think cichlids are like in between and the best median you can get from easy freshwater to harder to take care of salt water tanks. they have great personalities and all kinds of stuff. i've beenspending all my time either on here or on cichlidforums.com check it out there all very friendly and informative there. i actually learned how to make a fake rockwall background today for the back and or sides of your tanks. they have a DIY do it yourself thread with all kinds of stuff. i think that would be a good idea for this forum. probably more projects for a fish tank though...lol but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back