Adding Trim to 08 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon B

I recently picked up an 08 GTX, and am very happy with it. But this model doesn't have the power trim option, which would really help for longer rides. Does anyone know if it is possible, and practical, to add the trim features? I assume I would somehow need to get the display software updated to show the positioning. But i noticed the gauge is already there.

You'd need a bunch of used parts for the mechanical side of the house, probably pretty easy given RXT's etc will have it and are same hull for certain years. Harder side would be software. You don't say if you have a 155 or what. The ecu for an RXT would be compatible with a S/C'd GTX etc but not directly with a non S/C machine.. The even when you get the software right for VTS, you may loose a feature on your GTX (ie do you have depth? RXT doesn't etc)

You could also entertain doing all the mechanical side and wiring in a small semi hidden switch and avoiding trying to tie it into dash display etc. VTS can work with just +/- 12v for up and -/+ for down..

Thanks for the info. It's an 08 GTX 155. I was thinking the same thing you were. I don't really need the gauge. If I can install the part and the controls, I should be able to use it just fine. I'll look around on ebay and see what I can find. When I bring up the 215 Limited diagram, I see the VTS controls for the handlebars, but I'm having trouble finding the parts for the rear. What mechanism actually controls the tilt? Is is some sort of pivot on the nozzle, or a partial lowering of the reverse gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back