05 gtx, one long beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hello everyone, new member to the seadoo community. I recently picked up a 05 gtx. It sat for a few years, I replaced the battery, cleaned the cables, changed oil and filter. Replaced plugs. I had zero issues with it at first, it would fire right up and run like a champ. I was getting ready to put it in the water, put key on dess post, I get one long beep after about 4 seconds. No gauge display, no fuel pump, start button doesn't work. I checked all fuses, grounds , etc. I can jump relay post and she cranks beautiful but obviously with no ignition it won't fire. I do have both keys, both have same result. I'm new to seadoos and don't know an awful lot about them yet. Was just hoping someone knew this issue and could help me out. Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to the starter relay? If so that's working fine. I can jump the posts and it cranks fine, both fuses coming off post cables going to mpem are powered as well.

Are you referring to the starter relay? If so that's working fine. I can jump the posts and it cranks fine, both fuses coming off post cables going to mpem are powered as well.
No , skiasylum is referring to the little black rectangular relay in the fuse box , when you put the key in it supplies power to just about everything.

Whoops I forgot you don't have the 30 amp power relay only in later skis.
I would now suspect the dess post. Your ski the gauges and MPEM/ECM should power up when you install the key.

Last edited:
Is your key all the way on? I have 04’s and if not seated square on the dess, will beep but not work. Slight angle sometimes enough to not contact.

Yes for sure. I tried cleaning both with mild soap and water, still long beep, no display, no ignition. I'm going to try and pick up a new dess post and hope that works

Replaced the dess post , did not make a difference. Does this sound like the epem failed? Does anyone know how I can test it? The 5 amp fuse is good, has power on both legs.

Replaced the dess post , did not make a difference. Does this sound like the epem failed? Does anyone know how I can test it? The 5 amp fuse is good, has power on both legs.
You do not need the MPEM to power up the gauges, the MPEM reads the key after power up and then supplies the ground to starter solenoid when the start/stop switch is pressed. So diagnose the power up circuit and get that working.

You test the MPEM by eliminating everything else and then switch it out with a known good.

You do not need the MPEM to power up the gauges, the MPEM reads the key after power up and then supplies the ground to starter solenoid when the start/stop switch is pressed. So diagnose the power up circuit and get that working.

You test the MPEM by eliminating everything else and then switch it out with a known good.
And did he get ski fixed ? Why do they not tell the outcome of the problem?

All fuses are good, evry accessorie has power and ground. Good ground, 12.8v shown on power probe 3. Signal wires showing around 2.6v. Still get nothing to wake up, gauges, fuel pump, start stop switch, tip over valve. Won't do anything except long beep when first put dess on. After that I get a beep code 6, 2 second beep every 15 mins. I'm believing it's the ecm

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I bought new pins for the mpem harness. I'm gonna try that first but everything is pointing to the ecm

Yeah I think that's gonna be next step, I was in contact with them yesterday. Gonna send ecu and mpem for testing. The only thing that is not setting well with me is the damn gauge cluster... I don't understand why it won't power up anymore. I have good ground, and full voltage. I have 2.6v in the can wire. It should be doing something correct?

Back