Adding an extra battery...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed mine, but haven't "tested" it yet....I ran a wire from the main batt positive terminal, to the center post, then connected the AUX battery to the "b" post and connected all grounds, planning on connecting my accessories/radio to the aux battery only.

Do you have the combo switch? If so, the center post is the common 12 volt source. That is the post that gets power switched to it in either 1, 2 or all selections. The wires you need to be energized go there, like the main starter cable.

Do you have the combo switch? If so, the center post is the common 12 volt source. That is the post that gets power switched to it in either 1, 2 or all selections. The wires you need to be energized go there, like the main starter cable.

Sorry, this is the isolator auto switch setup...

Iukaman I thought yu had a boat like me and Rfoster.. It appears in your avatar you have a newer Speedster..There was a guy on here that had a setup in his boat with a good many speakers, but he had his mounted on the rear cushion it seemed.. Let me look and see if I can find that guy on here.. last I heard from him the bank was taking back his boat, and he was selling alot of the speakers accessories.. That is a nice boat you have by the way!

Guys why not just use a voltage sensitive solenoid. Leave standard wires as they are. Connectt positive of main battery to primary side of solenoid, requires another wire, then positive of auxiliary battery to other side of solinoid. Earth auxillay battery. Run another positive lead to main post of a fuse box. Then all other items you add, radio, etc connect to te fuse box and beg wire of items goes to ground.
What this does is fully charges start battery and then automatically switches to charge auxiliary battery once starter battery is fully charge. It doesn't matter if auxillay battery goes flat. You can still start. There is also a solenoid like this that has an overide button that combines both batteries for starting if ever needed. Cheers

I don't have a Sea-Doo boat. But I run two good quality marine deep cycle batteries in parellel on my 150 Hp outboard. I can run my stereo for quite a long time when off, I also installed a gauge to watch the voltage. I have a 5 channel amp and 6 speakers and a subwoofer for my system.

"Excite"? YIKES!

Obviously this is a way late post, but thanks for the help! Yea, my boat is a 2004 Speedster 200. I finally got the dual batteries with an isolator in. Added an amp under the console of the passenger side, custom woodsub box wrapped in fiberglass for water protection (mounted in the ski locker) and a few other accessories. No pics yet. Only problem I do have is the stator requires an Excite function. It kicks on when you plug in the key and then shuts it down as you start the engine. If you hook both stators up to the excite terminal on the isolator, it will barely attempt to start the other engine that you are not starting. I need a diode of some sort that will allow the 12v circuit to only go one direction, but having trouble finding an easier one to hook into (that i wont have to solder) and that it rated high enough. Anyone run into the excite and dual battery isolator issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back