99 GSXL sticky throttle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

REDGSXL

Hello. First time forum user. I have 2 1999 GSXL's both with the 951. That motor has great power. One has 40 hours & it's twin has 140 hours on it. Visually they're identical except for a newer seat cover. One problem I'm incurring is a sticking throttle cable. I juiced the linkage @ the carb & that helped a little last year. It didn't stick ON , but it has a bind. How do you physically check cable for a bind ? Removing it down by carbs is proving to be tricky. That's my first step. Second I'll inspecting moving parts on carbs for an issue. I know specific adjustments are necessary for both cable & carbs. Any advice ? Thank you.

That cable also operates the oil pump. You can remove it from the oil pump and carb to verify what is sticking. I wouldn't recommend riding it until you find the issue. A stuck throttle can be extremely dangerous.

Ok. Exhaust has a lot of real estate on the 951 set-up. How to access this without fighting exhaust ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back