98 xp oil light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm working on a mates 98 xp engine type 947 and just came across something I'm not to sure about.

The oil light just came on but it the ski runs pre mix.

He bought the ski off a guy that gave him no info about the ski.

It still has the oil tank in the front with the sensor still connected and there isn't any hoses leading from the tank to the engine, The oil tank is bone dry. I can't even put oil in there even if I wanted to because there is a factory hole in the bottom of the tank where I'm guessing the pump assembly would of been before the conversion.

So my question is, do I just leave it and run it with the light staying on?

Or is there a problem about to Accor in regards to the oil?

Any help would be appreciated

u can just bypass the oil sensor wires to turn out the light.mine was bypassed when I got the ski.then I added all the oil inj back on,got tired of premixing.

I do believe you need the tank connected to at least the lower end of the engine. It supplies oil to the lower crank shaft / timing parts of the engine. You need to have oil in it. The crank shaft and other parts will fail without oil. The hole is where the hoses connect to lead to the oil injection pump on engine and the lower end of engine. Look at diagram on parts sites of oil tank parts. The light comes on when it detects a bubble of air in the sensor housing. It should be on all the time if tank is dry.

I do believe you need the tank connected to at least the lower end of the engine. It supplies oil to the lower crank shaft / timing parts of the engine. You need to have oil in it. The crank shaft and other parts will fail without oil. The hole is where the hoses connect to lead to the oil injection pump on engine and the lower end of engine. Look at diagram on parts sites of oil tank parts. The light comes on when it detects a bubble of air in the sensor housing. It should be on all the time if tank is dry.

Not on the 951s.

Cheers for the info, I cut the sensor wire and connected them together to complete the circet and get rid of the oil warning. It's not the first time iv been told that 951's dont need the oil still going to the bottom, but I just wanted to make sure. She is all good to go, thanks for taking time to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back