98 XP Limited Electrical Problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird problem with my XP
when I hook up the battery the dash will come on and I can put in my key and it will fire right up. If the lanyard is ever removed everything goes completely dead and will not turn back on until the battery (or MPEM fuse) is disconnected and reconnected.

The battery works great (checked in another ski). The fuses in the MPEM look fine. I am getting continuity from the black wire to the black/Yellowish-greenish wire when the lanyard gets close to the DESS Post.

Anybody have any Ideas?

Anybody? I'm getting kind of desperate here. I'm thinking of buying a new MPEM but its a waste of A LOT of money if it's not the problem. It still sucks if it is the problem actually.

Just to verify, there is only 1 wire to both the positive and the negative on the battery right?

Generally members get right back with some kind of response. Not sure why not happening here for you. I am more mechanic than electrical wish I had some thing for you to try. Maybe some one is researching this and just have`nt posted yet. I hope they do soon.

yeah bud, thats weird. Inspect the condition of cables and grounds. Unplug the harnesses at mpem, and clean/die-grease them up.

I just found out that it will also kill the battery in 24 hours even though there is no key. I unplugged all the wires from the hood from the mpem and it still drains the battery. ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back