97 Seadoo Spx build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just used my scotch brite pads on my grinder to remove the paint. I did sandblast my other head and I think I would do the same thing again but before I clear it use a block and sand it

hey guys im on osd right now picking up some parts, do any of you guys. Im going pre mix but want to replace the other oil lines. Do you know the size and how much i will need off the top of your head? I forgot to look at home, now im at work...

193.jpg

Well got the bottom end back together this weekend and just got it paint.

194.jpg
195.jpg
196.jpg
197.jpg
198.jpg
199.jpg

Well some more I got done over the weekend. Took the carbs apart and used the air craft striper on them and then taped it all up and painted it. Also did the starter why I was at it.

I should have the topend back on Wednesday so I can paint that and put it back together.

Nice work can't wait to see it all done. I need to get going on my spx as well so this is giving me some motivation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Is that a stock nozzle you painted in the pic or aftermarket?

Nope its r d and I just picked up another one and a r d trim drop...ill post some pics of it when i get home..wife has me out doing the last of the xmass shopping...thanks for all the kind words by the way.

I just used my scotch brite pads on my grinder to remove the paint. I did sandblast my other head and I think I would do the same thing again but before I clear it use a block and sand it

when my buddy removed the paint on the raised part, it was polished to a mirror shine, (belt sander, much lower grit)

I went with the 85/88. From what I read good for a stock setup. I'm keeping my drivetrain all stock so you may need a different nozzle setup.

I went with the 85/88. From what I read good for a stock setup. I'm keeping my drivetrain all stock so you may need a different nozzle setup.

Yea the one I have is 85/85 I need to look at the other one

Wow those parts look fantastic. Text me your address again when you get a chance and I'll get that filter cover boxed up.

Thanks matt, Started to get the carbs back together last night and man it took forever to get the pop off set but its all done now lol

Take out the middle ride plate extension and just run the two tabs.

yeah maybe a 16/23 Skat swirl or Solas XO as well as the two mentioned above. All are good 787 options.

? for you guys, I have a seadoo 16/23 prop and a seadoo 17/22 prop, would i be ok to use these or is there a big difference to the skat swirl or a solas xo?

The Skat swirl pulls a little harder and more steady in choppy or foamy water. The XO has good all around performance and usually yields a little higher top speed.

I would rethink the blue/yellow. It's ugly as sin.
218.jpg

219.jpg

And I think this is what you were going for with the head cover. I have a 1/2" thick plate of glass with emery cloth bonded to it to surface gasket mating surfaces. This took a little while to do.
220.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

I ended up going black on the bottom and it's so much cleaner.
223.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rethink the blue/yellow. It's ugly as sin.
218.jpg

219.jpg

And I think this is what you were going for with the head cover. I have a 1/2" thick plate of glass with emery cloth bonded to it to surface gasket mating surfaces. This took a little while to do.
220.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

I ended up going black on the bottom and it's so much cleaner.
223.jpg

thanks for the input, not 100% sure, i could still do silver. To me though I think you should of used some yellow on the top. Kinda like you didnt make it flow together. It does look better with black on bottom now but you also have a black seat and mats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back