97 Seadoo Spx build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, do the hump seat the justice. Buy a Jettrim cover or just leave the silver seat cover and make your color scheme match. As much as it hurts, without the decals to pull all the colors together

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I have a sun burnt 96 xp if you want to paint that badly, lol. Unfortunately I just took another one that was already gutted to the dump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'll be doing pretty much the same to that 97 spx I got off eBay a while back. Good cleaning, rebuilt engine, single gauge hood, umi, maybe a seat cover. The hull is actually in excellent shape.

I'll be doing pretty much the same to that 97 spx I got off eBay a while back. Good cleaning, rebuilt engine, single gauge hood, umi, maybe a seat cover. The hull is actually in excellent shape.

Yea I remember that ski. I want to buy it but was camping at the time

Ugh, do the hump seat the justice. Buy a Jettrim cover or just leave the silver seat cover and make your color scheme match. As much as it hurts, without the decals to pull all the colors together

I end up with a blacktip when they had the sale ....so I'm going to roll with this for now...I might buff the white but just depends....
78.jpg

The little one is for the bar pad if I can't find some umi

Did they make the foot well mats one piece? So there would be 3 pieces total per side? Or is there 4 per side?

What's the silver seat cover like? Possible interest.

I was trying to decide between the mats you got and the lattice ones from that sale. I ended up with the lattice but really like what you got also.

Did they make the foot well mats one piece? So there would be 3 pieces total per side? Or is there 4 per side?

What's the silver seat cover like? Possible interest.

I'll have to look on the mats when I get home.

You talking about the gray cover on the hump seat?

I was trying to decide between the mats you got and the lattice ones from that sale. I ended up with the lattice but really like what you got also.

They are really nice , I'm really happy with them. I got the same ones you have for the wife's ski

Yes to the gray cover

83.jpg
84.jpg
85.jpg

I wouldn't call it purfect, you can see in the pic where it made a hole on the point and yes those mats are one Long pice together and one in front then the two in back

I'm glad the premium mats are one long piece, I don't like the w piece like the regular mats. Those do look cool in the black and yellow. Can't wait to see them on.

83.jpg
84.jpg
85.jpg

I wouldn't call it purfect, you can see in the pic where it made a hole on the point and yes those mats are one Long pice together and one in front then the two in back
The corner is the only hole? There's a plastic piece for that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

98.jpg
99.jpg

Did some painting last night on the groupk head

just thought i'd throw an idea out there on the painted head.

My buddy painted his and then put it on a belt sander and sanded/polished the raised parts on the head.

it looked absolutely terrific in person, pictures don't do it justice.

might be an interesting twist to make it look more unique...

284.jpg

just thought i'd throw an idea out there on the painted head.

My buddy painted his and then put it on a belt sander and sanded/polished the raised parts on the head.

it looked absolutely terrific in person, pictures don't do it justice.

might be an interesting twist to make it look more unique...

284.jpg

Im all about doing that, i did clear the head after i painted it, ( i have always had good luck with the clear). Did he paint then sand then clear? I can always through it back in the sand blaster, new paint comes off fast...

making the engine look all colorful and that. that is just to much extra work for me. No one sees the engine but you. I like the other post with lime green and pink engine. You will never miss that ski.

making the engine look all colorful and that. that is just to much extra work for me. No one sees the engine but you. I like the other post with lime green and pink engine. You will never miss that ski.[/QUOTE

thats for sure, i didnt want to copy him tho, im just painting every thing because i want it to look nice and new. i have two friends that just got two sparks (not even been on them yet) and thats all i here, so thats why im building this ski lol

making the engine look all colorful and that. that is just to much extra work for me. No one sees the engine but you. I like the other post with lime green and pink engine. You will never miss that ski.[/QUOTE

thats for sure, i didnt want to copy him tho, im just painting every thing because i want it to look nice and new. i have two friends that just got two sparks (not even been on them yet) and thats all i here, so thats why im building this ski lol
But it will be fun to remind them next year that your ski will be twice the fun at 1/6th the cost [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back