97 Seadoo Spx build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode one with the lever and hated it after 10 minutes but that's just me. Too much work for rec riding in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
That was probably the cable type the hydraulic trim type is easy to pull

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

More than likely. Easy to change. You need a housing gasket and the seal.

on taking the fly wheel off, once i pull the pump I will need to heat the fly wheel and use a puller right? its been a about 2 years since i did my last rebuild

well i put a bid on that umi on ebay and about an hour later i got this message for the guy asking if i wanted any of his stuff before he puts it on ebay.....the pipe is a spec 2 with water injection

Dear bigman-8,

Impeller $120 shipped $180new, worx $180 shipped $260 new, intake grate $100 shipped, those parts only have 8 hrs on them. Air filter $50 shipped. Pipe $540 shipped

On 12/10/15, 8:04 AM, bigman-8 wrote:

Re: Details about item: bigman-8 sent a message about Seadoo Xp UMI Steering System #221961381837

how much are you wanting for that stuff

- dkm670

I don't use heat, I have the brp puller and it has never let me down.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I'm in Columbus and have the brp puller if your close you could borrow it, makes this job soooo simple. 3 minutes...

I have the SBT version and it works perfectly with the harbor freight breaker bar. I think I got it off eBay to save on shipping vs directly ordering from SBT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was just doing some thinking and looking for you guys input on this part. Do i need to do anything with the pump set up since im doing this to the ski? new prop? different pump?

What's your list of mods

spec 1 factory pipe (with rev lim and water injection
groupk 91 oct head
westcoast carbs with west coast ruel rail
westcoast intake
r d flame arrestor
rd nozzle
rd trim tabs
rd ride plate ext.
aftermarket sponsons
west coast intake gate

i think thats every thing so far , working on umi and what ever else i come up with

You may have to do some swapping to figure out what works best. Could be a 17/22 16/24 or something in between. Matt may be able to point you to the right prop

Take out the middle ride plate extension and just run the two tabs.

yeah maybe a 16/23 Skat swirl or Solas XO as well as the two mentioned above. All are good 787 options.

116.jpg
117.jpg
118.jpg

Well got some goodies in the mail lastnight. I do have to say thanks to the wife for the pipe for xmass lol...God love her for that.

119.jpg

Also last night I sandblasted the head cover again and painted it blue and tonight I'm going to sand it and clear it

Well got the pipe sandblasted and got it painted tonight along with the head. I'll post up some pics tomorrow.

On another note I'm working on the carbs now and just working my way through them with cleaning and seeing what I need for set up. I was reading on the factory pipe Web page and the settings they give are for a stock motor and carbs, seeing that mine are not stock would would you guys do? My carbs are 44s. And it is a spec one pipe. This is what they have on there Web page.
133.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back