97 Seadoo Spx build

Status
Not open for further replies.
224.jpg

225.jpg

Your call. Not my cup o'tea.

Go Blue!

ok you win im doing silver lol, just to bold

I think seadoo yellow is the ugliest. ESPECIALLY when someone takes a 96 XP and strips the decals off of it. That's not even trying. Looks like the whole boat was strung from the nozzle and dipped in yellow paint....

My blue I'm not fond of either, but it's what I have and I made the best of it. Blue top deck, black bottom, black seat and turf, white lettering, white race numbers, white hood, white accent on the seat, and the registration numbers and bud light decal are brushed aluminum vinyl.... it works, and it works well.

Where abouts in Ohio are you?

I think seadoo yellow is the ugliest. ESPECIALLY when someone takes a 96 XP and strips the decals off of it. That's not even trying. Looks like the whole boat was strung from the nozzle and dipped in yellow paint....

My blue I'm not fond of either, but it's what I have and I made the best of it. Blue top deck, black bottom, black seat and turf, white lettering, white race numbers, white hood, white accent on the seat, and the registration numbers and bud light decal are brushed aluminum vinyl.... it works, and it works well.

I love your ski with the black on the bottom. I really dont want to paint the bottom because its so nice but its yellow. So the top will be silver now, just to do something different. I live on grand lake St marys. Its in the north west corner of ohio. Wish we had jet ski races here but not crap! Although when i was in high school The APBA Eastern States Cup/Monster Energy Midwest Watercross Tour came to Celina, OHIO (where i live)

I have a 97 spx from Marblehead too. It's been peeled and the bottom rollered with rustoleum at one point.

226.jpg

I'd love to paint the bottom purple but... That's a lot of work to do properly and it's fine as it is.

Check out the Canadian Watercross association. We race in and around the border.

I have a 97 spx from Marblehead too. It's been peeled and the bottom rollered with rustoleum at one point.

226.jpg

I'd love to paint the bottom purple but... That's a lot of work to do properly and it's fine as it is.

Check out the Canadian Watercross association. We race in and around the border.

man you got it all, ill have to look in to it.

lol one day ill be there. I was just looking at Canadian Watercross association and the Mercer Beach/Bayside Sports Bar, Walled Lake, MI. thats only 3 hours from my door, not bad at all

What class would by boat fit in?

As far as stock colors on 2 stroke models go, the solid yellow is easily in my top 3. The Red 99 gsx and 01 GTX are first & second on my list.

Off the top of my head I'd probably rank my top 5 color schemes in this order:

01 GTX Cherry Red
99 GSX Deep Red
96 XP 99 SPX Bright yellow (preferably with a black single gauge hood)
01 RXX
01 XPL Grey

Honorable mention would be the 96 GTX Dark Green.

Last edited by a moderator:
What class would by boat fit in?

Beginner runabout if you've never raced before. Naturally Aspirated 4 Stroke Stock/2 Stroke Limited Runabout after that. We call it "beer league runabout" because it's less mouthy and we all race for fun in that class.

Beginner runabout if you've never raced before. Naturally Aspirated 4 Stroke Stock/2 Stroke Limited Runabout after that. We call it "beer league runabout" because it's less mouthy and we all race for fun in that class.

yea i have never raced before but would love to try it but just need some help/guidance on doing it....

Does the ski have to be stock for the beginner runabout or can it be all done up like im doing?

hey guys did some work over the weekend and I need some input.

1st- Working on getting the right base gasket. Group K specified range is .038" - .043"

I put the cylinders on with no base gasket like they said and then I put the head on. This is what I got when I tested the squish.

seadoo.jpg

Gasket specs:

3 hole is .013"
4 hole is .016"
5 hole is .020"
6 hole is .024"
8 hole is .031"

with that being said I think im needing to use the base gasket with 3 holes (.012") by doing this I will take my lowest avg and put it right at .041" if im thinking right.

any thoughts/ help please.....???? remember im running the head mod from group k, not a stock head....

2nd thing I need some input on. Im going to run a R & D drop trim. So I want to take the stock trim out that's in the ski ( its junk and doesn't work) so my questions is can I just unplug it from the harness or should I just got the wires and cap them? Not sure if its a smart idea to do leave the plugs I unplug open to water???

well ill put this for now see what you guys give me. I got some more stuff ill work on posting in a bit here. thanks for all the help!

Some more work I got done. Start to make my sponsons. I have $35 in two sets as of right now. Just need to buy the hardware. I got the sponson done today but need to finish the base plates tomorrow. I copied these off beach house sponsons....
242.jpg
243.jpg
244.jpg
245.jpg
246.jpg

There's a fuse to that plug in the rear ebox. Pull it. Zip tie it out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok got another question about hooking up the Mt rev-limiter and ecwi.
1st matter is setting the timming. My engine is number 5 but the Rev limiter is set up for number 4. I need to jumpers to set it for number 5. Where do I get the jumpers or what have you done...make one?
247.jpg
248.jpg

Next question : on hooking up the water ecwi, do I want to run the black and white wire to the water solenoid? It looks like the solenoid has a seadoo factory connector, maybe the guy before me just installed it?
249.jpg
250.jpg

Also if someone's has the factory pipe on one of there skis could you please take some pictures of the engine with how the water lines go with the water solenoid installed.

Thanks for all the help, I know I have asked a lot of question, I just hope someone can help me out so I can move forward with the build. Thanks again!

You need to run a 3 hole to get what you need. When you put the cylinders on did you torque them down? I torque then down to get a real world reading. Also, remove the cylinders, take a straight edge and place it across the cylinder mounting holes. I'll assume they're probably proud of the deck surface, typical. If you're careful you can hand file those flat again. Any variance in the deck surface can mess with your squish.

Watt lines for ecwi I believe need to be an exact inside diameter and length. Braley can confirm that. I would get the matching weather pack plug add the solenoid, for a CLEAN installation.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

4. I need to jumpers to set it for number 5. Where do I get the jumpers or what have you done...make one?

Those look like they are just computer jumpers for hard drives. Can find at any decent computer store or online for super cheap. Or if you have an old pc laying around rob them off the hard drive, cdrom, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You need to run a 3 hole to get what you need. When you put the cylinders on did you torque them down? I torque then down to get a real world reading. Also, remove the cylinders, take a straight edge and place it across the cylinder mounting holes. I'll assume they're probably proud of the deck surface, typical. If you're careful you can hand file those flat again. Any variance in the deck surface can mess with your squish.

Watt lines for ecwi I believe need to be an exact inside diameter and length. Braley can confirm that. I would get the matching weather pack plug add the solenoid, for a CLEAN installation.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

thanks racer. Yes I did torque the cylinders down. I used all other gaskets but the base gasket when I did this. thanks for all the help. ill see what matt says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back