97 GTI not beeping or starting after running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter123

I just bought a 97 GTI and it ran great my first time out, but once i shut it down to back the trailer in the water, it wouldnt start (was like the battery was diconnected). Back home, i put the battery charger on and yet it was fully charged. I disconnected the battery terminals and once i put them back on, everything was fine (it beeped and started). I just went out to get it ready for this weekend and after connecting the lanyard, there was no beep and yet it started. I hooked the garden hose up and ran it for 5 minutes. Once i shut it down, it would not start or beep after connecting lanyard. Does anyone know if there is a reset for the elec system. Or better yet, does anyone know the answer to this problem? Thanks all and have a great weekend!

You probly got water in the rear electric box. Dry that out, clean then dielectric grease everything. Bills86e

You probly got water in the rear electric box. Dry that out, clean then dielectric grease everything. Bills86e

:agree:

You could have gotten water in the box... but since you said "there was no beep, but it started"... I'm thinking your beeper is just dead. It's very common on the older skis.

You can get a replacement from Radio Shack for about $9. (The factory beeper is $40)

Solder your red wire(s) to the + terminal, and your black wire to the "CONST" terminal.

68.jpg

I really appreciate your help, but i think i know what happened. While i was checking the connections in rear elec box, i noticed a small sticker on the starboard side of rear access that says,"CAUTION, DO NOT CHARGE/JUMP BATTERY WHILE UNIT IS CONNECTED". And yes, although the battery is good, i did not see the warning and charge the battery with terminals still on. Does anyone know what i burnt out? Thanks again and i hope everyone has a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back