97 Challenger having mid-range issues....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shockerfd

New engine is in as well as rebuilt carbs with pop-off pressures set by the dealer. I've gotten through the 20% throttle break in stage. Engine bogs from 3500 rpms to about 5000 where it wants to take off like a bat out of hell. Ive adjusted low speed out as far as 3 turns with no improvement in that area. When moving throttle from idle to 3/4 kind of briskly it skips through that range fine. But do it slowly and it wont go. I've dumped a lot of money into these carbs. What gives? Thanks.

double check carbs LSA,HSA settings, and pop-offs, also fuel system,..filter,lines, fuel selector valve...:cheers:..you have performance intake?

Well, took boat out today to continue break in and hopefully fine tune carbs. Boat acted the same way. After about an hour and a half of off and on running the rpms started going up and down like crazy and then the boat stalled after I got it to idle. Boat would crank and sputter a couple of times and then nothing. A quick change of plugs and still nothing. Waited a little bit and tried again. Nothing. Towed in for the 3rd time in 6 outings. Going to get compression tester to hopefully rule that out. WTF??

Compression test checked out good with both cylinders reading 160 psi. Boat still won't even try to start. Could this be electrical or is the ton of money I've dumped into these carbs still the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back