96 XP 800 X4 problems (we need experts to help)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackyman71

I have a 96 800 xp and it slows down when turning left as well it doesnt come out of the hole like it should. PLEASE HELP!:willy_nilly:

well when turning left, apply more throttle :thumbsup: . As far as the holeshot, have you checked your impeller/wear ring clearance? Should be no more than .04" i believe

is your throttle cable stretched ......start at the carb and work your way up looking at the cable

no my throttle is not stretched but, when it is cold it comes out of the hole like it should and does everything it should.

I think we're all at a loss here, the only thing I could suggest is try adjusting the trim, I know on my ski if the trim is in too far it will effect the steering.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an 89 Sp back in the day that was doing that. But i remember it only doing with the fuel selector in the on position. when you put it on reserve it was fine. It was a long time ago, but i'm pretty sure I cleaned the fuel selector valve.

the ski is slowing down and losing rpm as well when i turn left. i have cleaned the powervaluves and changed the fuel line, as well as re-built the carbs. there is 150 psi on each cylander.

Thanks for the help.

Wacky

maybe,just maybe. take the seat off so you can see the carbs and linkage.turn bars to the right,hold the throttle wide open,then turn left while watching the actual linkage on the carb to see if it closes a bit,maybe the cable is doing it.havnt seen it on a ski,yet,but it is very common on dirtbikes.btw,do it with the engine off.

try this.....idle around for about 10 min ...just idleing...then mash the throttle and see if the ski hesitates....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back