96 Wave Venture bogging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

niteman9

Just picked up a 1996 Yamaha Wave Venture from wife's aunt and uncle. Don't know how long since it been in the water. I got it started up no problem. Idle's fine ref's fine, put in the water and will no get out of its own way. It has 43 hours on it. It's the 2 cylinder twin carb.

I thinking the carbs need to be rebuilt. How hard is that? I'm fairly good with the wrenches.

Is there rebuilt or new carbs I could just swap put?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i think the yamahas use mikuni carbs so the rebuild/service should be straight forward if you've done seadoo carbs. is it the 701 or the 760 waveventure?

I also just picked up a 1995 Seadoo GTS from the same Aunt and Uncle. I got it running but haven't put it in the water yet. Might have the same issue. I've owed a boat for 25 years but both of these are the first ski's I've owned.

I put the GTS in the water today and it runs good. It still has the gray fuel line but I don't have the time right now to change them out. I did install an in line fuel filter with new line from filter to the carb. The gray line I removed didn't show any deterioration. I don't think this ski ever had ethanol gas in it. I know what lake the PO used it on and they always bought gas on the lake. Thanks marina on that lake doesn't sell ethanol gas. Also the marina on the lake we are sells pure 91 octane.

I would change those lines out as son as possible, they will foul up the internal filters in the carb in a very short amount of time. As for the Yamaha, the main diaphragms are bad about melting and sticking to the covers, the internal filters are almost always clean because Yamaha uses an excellent inline filter, that would be where I woulsd start on the Yamaha.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I never came back to update here. I sold the 95 GTS and replaced it with a 2001 GTX RFI. On the Yamaha I rebuilt the carb's and it runs great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back