'96 SPX - Top end Thottle issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimYooper

Hello - nice site for a newbie.

Just replaced all old gray fuel lines. Had carb. rebuilt last year. SeaDoo ran fine for whole day just as last year, then can only get to half throttle and it cuts out or fouls out - but will run half throttle or lower ok. Have cleaned fuel filter and gas tank. Once it sits, will run fine for few minutes then repeats at top end of throttle? I have replaced fuel and tried to find some with no Ethanol, but that didn't help.
Thanks,

Tim

Either you need to clean the carbs again... or you need to check your fuel select valve, and filter bowl for an air leak.

We see this a lot here. Just because they were clean last year, doesn't mean they made it though the winter. (That's when they rust and corrode)

Fuel Selector Valve

Have you replaced the fuel selector valve? You could try cleaning the valve, but if it has not been replaced you need to replace it.

Also does your ski run O.K. on reserve?

Lou

Fuel Selector?

Lou,

I looked and could not find fuel selector valve - but thought about replacing it.

Did not try on reserve yet - what does that indicate if it runs ok on reserve?

Thanks,

Tim

Have you replaced the fuel selector valve? You could try cleaning the valve, but if it has not been replaced you need to replace it.

Also does your ski run O.K. on reserve?

Lou

Replace Fuel Selector Valve

Hi Tim,

The fuel selector valve selects between main, off, reserve. If you replace it use the new style, because the knob is heavier and less likely to crack.

You could try cleaning yours, however its best to replace it.

Since the ski is not run on reserve that often, the reserve side of the valve is less likely to get clogged with the green goo.

Lou

Fuel Selector

Lou,

When I replaced the fuel lines last week, I blew air through the "fuel selector valve" and it went through no problem. How much does a new one cost?
The unit did the same thing last year - would run fine for hours, then cut out at high end throttle after awhile.
Thanks,

Tim

If you can blow with no restriction the valve is probably O.K. You can disassemble the old one sometimes there is an "O" ring that comes loose inside the valve. A new one costs between $25 - $30.

Since the valve is O.K. it's time to check the carbs. either cleaning or overhaul.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back