1997 spx Intermittent power loss

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mightyjoeg

So I bought a 1997 spx with the 787 recently. Took it out this last weekend and it ran absolutely awesome.. for about 30 minutes. Then it started having and issue where it would just fall on its face at full throttle, it'd open up for 3-4 seconds them seemed like it would lose all power. I let it cool off and it was fine for 5-10 minutes then started doing it again. I could nurse it around half throttle at this point and just cruise, but if opened up it'd just fall on its face, sometimes completely stalling. By the time I was back to the dock I could hardly go above idle speed without it stalling. Compression is 150/150 and batt voltage is 12.2 fyi. Where do I start? Seems like a fuel issue to me, buddy tells me cdi and some guy online tells me rectifier. Gonna check the rectifier tonight and possibly pull carbs if I have time

Rev it to 5000k rpms on land and if the voltage goes above 14.5v the rectifier/regulator is bad. My 787 did the same thing and it was my voltage regulator. It would rev on land but not in water. Otherwise I would clean raves and clean/rebuild carbs with oem Mikuni kit, change fuel lines and clean gas tank.

Back