96 GTX for XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSchmidt54

Hey guys,

i dont know if im putting this in the right place or not.....but if anyones looking for a nice GTX im interested in trading mine for something more sporty like an XP or HX.........if anybodys interested you can PM me or text at 419-217-6576.......also , im in ohio.......im willing to do some driving but no multi day trips lol

This should probably be in the "For sale" section... but I will allow it.

If you are looking for a trade, you should probably post some pics, and list the good and bad of your ski.

I would possibly be interested in a trade... but my XP is mechanically perfect. AND, it's VERY clean cosmetically. So, for me to consider a trade... the other ski would also have to be dang near perfect.

But honestly... since we are at the end of the season... I probably wouldn't do anything until next spring.

alrighty......i dont have pics yet......but heres a list of everything i have done on the ski.

-Replaced Reverse cable (needs dialed it, doesnt unlatch unless you reach back and lift the latch yourself)
-Fixed gas gauge.
-Repaired the Solarizer film on the Infogauge
-powerwashed the inside of the hull, its SPOTLESS (see pics in later post)
-installed a powered 800gph bilge that exits above the port side sponson, has a check loop in the plumbing so that no water backflows through it when idling.
-painted Mag housing, RV cover, top two pieces of tuned pipe and pto Lime green (grabber green) this was done in two coats, and then three coats of clear were done , this is hi temp paint. I then baked he parts *without seals!* in an oven to cure paint so it is resistant to oil and gas.
-changed out ALL fuel lines to lime green fast flow *even the breather lines*
-changed out all small coolant lines to clear fast flow
-changed out oil filter.
-changed out oil injection lines
-replaced bumpers at each end of drive shaft (they were flattened)
-had carbs professionally rebult at a local pwc performance shop
-has a brand new block (or it will as soon as it arrives on 9-7-12 .....new gaskets and everything, this motor was purchased on 8-13-12 and will be warranted through 8-13-13
-runs Amsoil interceptor
-has brand new grips on the handlebars as well.

now for the not so good.

-previous owner had 5 children , this hull has 385 hours on it.
-previous owner tried painting the hood.......it was just bad, so i sanded it down and hit it with krylon fusion black , cleared it, then pin striped some neon green flames on it. the whole ski is "monster energy" themed. Personally i think it looks good but if your a real OEMer you wont like it.
-seat has shitty cover .....no worries though im getting a blacktip custom one this winter black/ white cf with lime green stripe.
-mats are nice , but forest green, so im also replacing those with hydroturf black on lime green diamond slotted.
-speedo doesnt work.......sender is bad.

other than that its a great ski............obviously i have to get it back together and broken in before we could do anything........but its great for towing / hauling multiple people.......i just wanna be able to jump and jet around......if you know what i mean. ill post pics as soon as i get them ........but please remember......its in the middle of a color change........unless you want to revert it to stock (with a used hood ) lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back