fuel tank recall

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hello everyone I know this is similar to other threads but, I am going through the dealership games to replace the fuel tank on my 96 XP. It still qualified under the recall according to BRP (I also have it in writing if the dealer questions it). I also have a 95 GTX that looking around the internet also had a recalled gas tank but they said there was no recall on it.

Does anybody have the actual service letter/report for these tanks? Also, how was your luck getting the replacement?

Thank you

Call BRP Customer Service with your VIN and they will tell you. As it is a safety recall it never expires.

Hi All,

New to the forum. Lots of great info on here.
I have the original fuel tank and have contacted BRP and they will replace the fuel tank, however, it is a discontinued part and my dealer cannot find one. BRP told me to find one if I can. Anyone have a line on where to get a new replacement fuel tank?

thanks

Today, my buddy with a '96 XP just pulled out of our local dealership with a brand spanking new fuel tank.
Zero $$$ !!! Awesome!!!

Today, my buddy with a '96 XP just pulled out of our local dealership with a brand spanking new fuel tank.
Zero $$$ !!! Awesome!!!
Great news! Do you know which dealership? I’m trying to locate a fuel tank for my replacement.

Same here, any additional information would be appreciated, I called my local brp dealer and was told he’s it is a valid recall but no inventory

Back