95 Seadoo GTX 657x motor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crofoot50

I just purchased a 95 GTX and it has 2 guages what does the one on the right tell me bcuz it doesnt light up at all ? ? the speedo works though thank God... The little red warnings all 4 light when the ski is started but the middle is BLANK ! is there a fuse or something common ? Thanks :)

The middle LCD screen is for displaying fuel level (measured in vertical "bars") Is your fuel light on continuously?

One thing about these guages is they work as well as the 60's english car electrical parts, silly little problems, the fuel float magnet glue dissolves in the gas - imagine that? And the speedo is not very accurate, it lets you know the boat is moving in case you have a sore neck and unable to look over the side - accurate? A GPS is a good thing look on ebay for a garmin76 a hundred bux there is accurate.

I could agree with that for sure :) my old 95 gtx I used to have had to have the float assembly in the tank replaced like 2 years after we bought it new.

I do have the gas light on but the center of the screen is BLANK .... If I am having the light on does that kill the center of the gauge???? and also is the Speedo inop normally the sensor in rear of ski or the speedo that goes bad ???? I ask becuz I have an extra Speedo head

Plug in the other unit, the wiring is under a small panel in the roof of the glove box - the actual guage replacement is hard where it slides into the rubber grommet - there is no hours meter so no worry there.

As far as the gas guage, it could be the sensor. It seems like when the sensor went bad on my 95, it did that same thing and read empty. I think other folks on the forum have more detail about this but I would test the sending unit to see if it is giving the proper feedback. I bet it's the sending unit/ sensor in the tank, or a loose wire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back