93 seadoo xp wont start after rebuilt carbs, Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee.Harrison

My 93 seadoo xp wont start, we took it out on the lake last weekend and it was running okay would only go top speed when I choked it out then it would go, we ordered a kit and put it together watching an sbt video, we didn't replace the needle, we did the rebuild right from what I saw and wont start now all hoses are correctly installed and in the right spot because we labeled them so I'm of ideas any ideas, also we installed a new ignition coil.

I bought brand new carbs and it fired right up yesterday and was running strong then this morning it wont start and I bought a spark tester and it's not getting spark any thoughts

why did you install a new ignition coil? have you double checked the new one works? maybe the ignition coil was not the problem....

My 93 seadoo xp wont start, we took it out on the lake last weekend and it was running okay would only go top speed when I choked it out then it would go, we ordered a kit and put it together watching an sbt video, we didn't replace the needle, we did the rebuild right from what I saw and wont start now all hoses are correctly installed and in the right spot because we labeled them so I'm of ideas any ideas, also we installed a new ignition coil.

Is your fuel water separator full?

So I got spark fir like 10 min then it went away it's weird I'm sometimes getting spark? In SO CONFUSED I have never seen this and I have looked all over YouTube for this problem but nothing shows up

So bought brand new mpem got spark back and I took apart the carbs I bought on Ebay and I found that the metal piece that has the spring on it and the needle and seat, for one had the wrong spring and the needle wasnt going up at all so I bent the metal piece and now it is working great! Lesson learned dont buy rebuilt carbs on ebay

I like to start at the battery, do a load test, then check all my connections, especially grounds, this is easy to do and doesn't cost you any money. The grounds to the coil are important,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back