90 seadoo troubles please help anyone

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumley79

Hi I have a 90 seadoo so that I got a set for 100 bucks one works great the other though starts every time but won't stay running its getting gas and like I said does start but just die's right out in 5 sec can anyone point me in the right way here, I am a mechanic by trade but this is my first seadoo and I'm lost thanks

What have you checked?? It could be fuel... it could be electrical... it could be mechanical.

Check your compression, in that old of a ski I wouldn't expect it to be perfect (150 psi) but it should be 135 or better.

Lou (Appalachian Technician)

I have compression of 142, the timing and all hoses look to all in order from manual diagrams, starts with starter fluid or gas but as soon as it fires up it cuts out, I've got starter off and front plate off, is there anything besides cut off or safety switch that can cause this problem, it seems it wants to run but something cuts it off as soon as it fires

hi i am new here and was wonderin if some one could help me i have a 91 seadoo with dual carbs and it keeps floodin out what could cause this it runs good wot on land but wont go in water

your ski has a pulse fuel pump. It must suck gas from the tank, then push it tru the carb. If your selector valve is clogged or the separator filter cup lets air into the supply, no fuel runs the engine. The carburetor internal filter may be full of petroleum contaminates
and be the culprit cause of non-circulated fuel. On your model, fuel line ends dangle in the tank and are often deteriorated.

Bills86e

No it has new black fuel lines and I'm not sure about the carb being rebuilt but I'm about to pull it out now and take a look, I'll let you know what I find out thank you.

the 90 won't have tempo hoses.

Let me ask... does it die as soon as you let off the starter button... or does it run for a while after? If it's immediate... then the "Speed Limiter" has gone bad. It's the rev-limiter, and it controls the "Kill" of the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back