717 GTI 97 stalls out at idle. Carb?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 97 GTI started stalling out when at idle. Is this a carb issue? Not sure when the carbs have last been touched as I am a new owner of the ski. Thanks!

Any new to you 2 stroke ski should have the entire fuel system overhauled before using it. That is unless the previous owner can provide you proof. So I would replace the fuel lines, fuel strainer, rebuild the carbs with genuine Mikuni carb kits and set the pop off. Replace the little oil injection lines and prime them too. Also, if the old owner gave you oil make sure it's api-tc rated, if not drain the oil for the tank and rv cavity and replace the oil with the correct rated oil. I'd also do a compression test just to get a number on the engines health.

I forgot, you also want to replace the needle and seat. And if you get the kits, DO NOT use the included springs. I always reuse the original springs and lever arms. You're only using the soft parts basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back