550sx 500$ yes please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMachin0

DOO OR DIE
Premium Member
just arrived last night 1990 550sx the guy said it was seized I pulled the motor out all it was is the starter was stuck to the fly wheel put the starter back in jumped it for comp test 146 pto 148 mag. going to clean it up replace the plumbing go thro the pump should make a nice cheap pounder
IMG_20141005_224731.jpgIMG_20141005_224910.jpgIMG_20141005_225258.jpg

could use some mods if anyone has any lying around

thanks tunerwannab so I couldn't help my self I reassembled the motor eventho I broke most of the gaskets stuck her back in prime choke and brap brap brap she lives stars nice runs nice it even has a new battery full tank of fuel. sucks that the season is over 7 months to go I guess

update on the Kawasaki motor out hull is bare and being cleaned up the engine is in great shape. pump is nice impeller is fu#@ed found one on ebay 150 Canadian dollars to my door for solas stainless 15.5 I also ordered a kill switch and lanyard seems weird that it wouldn't have one already. I started polishing/blueprinting the pump should work good. what a simple machine amazing that guys always want so much money for them. the grand total 700 so farIMG_20141012_221924.jpgIMG_20141012_221950.jpgIMG_20141012_222007.jpgIMG_20141012_222050.jpg

IMG_20141021_170727.jpgIMG_20141021_170753.jpgIMG_20141021_170827.jpg

update on the 550sx a few parts came so l spent a couple hours on it. The impeller I got on ebay for 100 buck us showed up 15.5 supra brand new with out box it all went back together nice the pump will work awesome. I cut the water box open and removed all the noise baffling sealed it back up and reinstalled it. flushed and cleaned the tank and fuel system new fuel lines all back in the machine. I just need my rings and seals to show up and I can reassemble the motor I just may have it ready for the first foot of snow yaa :facepalm:

I need hydro turf for this Kawasaki and a set for a 2000 gsx can a guy get turf for non seadoo stuff throw this forum always see it advertised that we can get a deal?

oh and some sweet pink stickers and a pink kill switch why do I always end up with the pink machines jeepers

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as the kill switch, do you not know about the old kawi's?

Basically when you fall off, the steering turns to the left automatically and the ski turns in a circle until you can catch back up to it. pretty simple design, although i like the killswitch myself.

I have never even seen an old one wet before or in person till the guy dropped this thing off. a friend of mine has a newer 750sx completely clapped out his novi carbs are worth as much as this 550 his is the only one I have rode. she is the learn to ride stand up ski basically to see if I am not old to have one haha. one of my best friends daughter is a lake rat and wants it in the worst way she turns 13 this summer so its about time she gets a full face helmet and her own machine. I would have ditched the pink on this one if I was going to keep it

Congrats on the find IMO the lanyard is cheap insurance if throttle would stick and less swimming when you fall. If you want black tip check for there sale Friday usually 50 percent off 6-10am from watercraft superstore you can get premade mats or buy a sheet for your 550. Keep in mind the 550 is one of the harder skis to ride but once you can ride it you can ride anything. I prefer 550s over 750s unless its a pro. Check into some of the other forums for used parts if you haven't already

thanks for the reply tshaw I have been at a stand still on my build a month ago I put my jeep in the garage to get it cleaned up for the snow. I hade some crap in the back I left my overhead door open wile I unloaded it when done I just pushed the button not thinking the little arm that runs on the track (with red pully thingy) hooked my handle on the glass hatch AND FU#@EN RIPED MY OVERHEAD DOOR IN HALF :cuss: long story short I have just finally got the shop back together with a new door was a lot of moving stuff around. I can finally get back in gear on it

the 550 lives again painted all cleaned up re ringed and resealed all she needs is a turf kit and a little fiber work on the old bolt holesIMG_20141206_095130.jpgIMG_20141206_095144.jpgIMG_20141206_095210.jpgIMG_20141206_095716.jpg

OH NO!!!! so I had some trouble getting this thing pulling fuel would run on full choke. I assumed air leak could find one so I pulled the carb and started putting a new kit in the diaphragm was pretty wore. what happened is the two screws that hold the check valve plate each turned at least a full turn then broke wtf do I do now I think I can get the rest out and the treads fixed up but where the heck am I going to get the screws from? I hope I don't have to buy a diff carb that would blow my 1200 dollar budget on a 1000 dollar machine

PLEASE HELP WILL TRAD BEER FOR SCREWS!!!

They are not special screws. Go to a hardware store and get some stainless screws with the same pitch. Check the parts diagrams for the right screws.

was tinkering on it the other day the machine screws that are in it are steel and rather soft so they will extract fine but I have a feeling they will be replaced by brass ones.

Do not use brass screws in the carb body. They are two metals way far apart on the galvanic scale and will corrode. Use stainless steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back