1992 seadoo xp starter stuck and siezed engine please help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnym25

Ok so i was getting ready for the season and put new wear ring on and changed pump oil and put in a new rectifier because my battery keeps dieing.

Finish installing everything and start the engine on the hose runs fine for 30 seconds. In doing this to get pump oil throughout bearing . Then i shut it off and add more oil. I do this 3 times until its topped off.

On the last start after cleaning up before i walk away . It fires up i give it a little gas then it shuts off dead. I goto start it and the engine is seized in place. ...im getting really frustrated at this point after fixing every thing.

Pull front flywheel cover off and the starter is stuck to the flywheel it did not retract.

CAN THIS RUIN MY ENGINE???????? I REMOVED STARTER AND NOW THE PTO SPINS A LITTLE BUT NOT ALL THE WAY AROUND.....DID THINGS GET FD UP INTERNALLY????

ALSO MY TACOMETER STOPPED WORKING AFTER REPLACING THE RECTIFIER AND SPARK PLUG WIRES???

PLEASE HELP I HAVE A CAMPING TRIP ON WEDNESDAY

Pull the head off and have a look. Did you have the plugs out when you turned the PTO flywheel?

Chester

Pull the head off and have a look. Did you have the plugs out when you turned the PTO flywheel?

Chester

Yes i had the plugs out. Should i be able to spin all the way around without a wrench? Its gos like half way then gets tight.

I was planning on pulling head today. I will do it in a few hours.

Just took apart 2nd clone ski with siezed engine also...was lkke tgis when i bought it. No luck both heads are shot also cant switch

The head is the least of your worries. You need the cylinders bored out. Take the engine completely part.

Chester

Those engines can be assembled in a day if you had the parts. Perhaps if you can rush a cylinders/pistons shipment from someone like Fullbore, assuming they have a set on stand-by, you can put it back together in one day. Did you find out why it seized up like that? Could you have overheated it, running it w/o water multiple times? Is your bottom end okay? Did you not replace your oil injection lines? Also, on that model, I'd replace the in-tank fuel pick-ups. The hoses tended to rot away and fall in, leaving you with half a tank that you can't suck into your carbs.

The cylinder walls had scuffing. So i need a new one. How much that go for i saw piston rebuild kit is about 100.

There is a gti i can get for 250 no paperwork and swap parts or buy new...what u think...

No i havent figured out why it blew i would assu.e. Ecause i didnt have water on last 2 times i started it. No more then 15 seconds each time.

How do i know if bottom end is ok?

yes i changes the oil injection line also the fuel pickup lines last year.they were rotti g pretty bad

fullbore u got any heads for me?

Starting it for 15 seconds without water will not hurt it. I would say a dirty fuel system starving for fuel is the cause 99% of the time.

Your cheapest and fastest repair is to order a reman engine from SBT. Make sure you rebuild the carbs with new genuine Mikuni parts, the easiest shopping for the correct parts is OSD seadoo.

Starting it for 15 seconds without water will not hurt it. I would say a dirty fuel system starving for fuel is the cause 99% of the time.

Your cheapest and fastest repair is to order a reman engine from SBT. Make sure you rebuild the carbs with new genuine Mikuni parts, the easiest shopping for the correct parts is OSD seadoo.
Thanks i cleaned carbs last season...i dont think its that but i will pull the filters out and see

Can see the scuffs but can BARLEY feel them with a finger nail. No deep ones.

Can i rent a hone and hone it and use piston out of the second ski i have? I have a gasket rebuild kit already.... So i thinking hone put used piston in good condition in and see what happens?

Let me know if this will work

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180326_132101.jpg
    20180326_132101.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Get yourself an SBT rebuilt. You're not riding it for at least 2 weeks. Read my signature.

Chester

If you're in a hurry to be on the water this week, why not just use the GTI? You CAN swap that motor into the XP, but what shape is it in? Are you setting yourself up for being stranded on your camping trip? If you're going to be "experimenting" with cutting corners, I highly suggest getting BoatUS towing insurance. They have a fresh and salt water package. Fresh (any lake/river in US) costs only like $75/yr last I bought it, and at that price, you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it if you wind up stranded somewhere with no one around. Getting a tow costs around $500 on average w/o insurance. As often as I go out, I pay less than a dollar per outing for this amazing peace of mind.

If you're in a hurry to be on the water this week, why not just use the GTI? You CAN swap that motor into the XP, but what shape is it in? Are you setting yourself up for being stranded on your camping trip? If you're going to be "experimenting" with cutting corners, I highly suggest getting BoatUS towing insurance. They have a fresh and salt water package. Fresh (any lake/river in US) costs only like $75/yr last I bought it, and at that price, you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it if you wind up stranded somewhere with no one around. Getting a tow costs around $500 on average w/o insurance. As often as I go out, I pay less than a dollar per outing for this amazing peace of mind.

I dont know the full condition of gti. I was co sidering a full swap also.

Yea looks like seadoo isnt making it on this trip.....

AAA for the water that is a great ideA!
I am definatly getting this

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back