2018 GTI 90 won't go over 30mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mituw16

I've got a 2018 GTI SE 90 I bought that has 30 hours on it. Took it out for the first time yesterday and I know it'll be slower given it's the 90hp engine, but I'd expect it to be able to get over 30mph. It tops out around 29mph and maybe would hit 30 once or twice. Engine seems fine, it's running well and revving to 8K rpm. It does feel a bit sluggish off the start. Based on searching maybe the wear ring is bad?

I've got a 2018 GTI SE 90 I bought that has 30 hours on it. Took it out for the first time yesterday

Rant on:

So, no test ride before purchase...You failed to do what everyone recommends and are now paying the price.

Rant off.

Check the impeller and intake grate for obstructions.

Rant on:

So, no test ride before purchase...You failed to do what everyone recommends and are now paying the price.

Rant off.

Check the impeller and intake grate for obstructions.
The dealership I bought it from was not near anywhere to do a test ride, but thanks for your helpful comment. Thankfully though I called them this morning and they said bring it back and they'll make it right, so all good. Going to check the ring and impeller when I put it back on my trailer.

Dealership said impeller and wear ring are both showing signs of damage once they took it off the ski. They're replacing both. Guess they missed it in inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back