2010 challenger 210 itc RPMs match?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rshakir

Does anyone out there have a 2010 challenger 210 that both motors run at the same RPMs? Does your SYNC light show in your right tachometer? If the RPMs don't match...does the boat atleast go straight? I recently bought a 210SE 430HP nd having the same problem a few people already seemed to have. I though BRP would have sent ot a fix if its widespread. Any comment would be gretly appreciated. I need to turn steering almost a quarter trun to keep boat going straight at mid RPMs.

210 Challenger Engine Sync

Just picked up 210 challenger 430HP. Having similar problem with engine synce. Only problem is that SeaDoo tech rep after giving guidance to dealer tech, was able to get within 200 rpm and less than 40% sync'd (with sync indicator on). SeaDoo told my dealer tech that they are not concerned with 200 rpm. Even with it still pulling to port. Hmm. I'm trying to understand from the various posts when folks say it was resolved, to understand what they mean by solved. Should I continue to expect port engine ~200 rpm and being sluggish during acceleration with being in sync less than 40% of time even when crusing, or are you and others seeing something closer to 90%+, or something like that. Appreciate any additional info. I mentioned to my dealer that I'd try to get some clarification from those that have had the engine sync / pulling to port issue. If they still experience some type of sync problem and/or what their fix ultimately was. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi SteveDoo,

I would say that my SYNC light displays a little more than 40% of the time but just. Maybe half the time now. I would put this down to what the tech told be at the shop, that the motors must be at same speed for 5 seconds before motors can sync. It's not been too much of an issue for me because boat steers stright now and engives rev at pretty much same RMPs now. Occasionally may be out by 200RPMs but never more. Note that these boats travel on top of the water for the most part so if you have any sort of wind...even 5-10knots, you may find that you have to compensate with steering. I do get your point about the itc, but I guess I'm just happy that it was sorted out...or atl leat 90% sorted :)
I hope this helps.

rshakir, Thanks for the info. Glad your boat is OK. Based on your response, I beleive I still have a problem. My rpm's are still about 200 rpm off, which is contributing to my problem. I agree with the wind and even currents, waves, etc., would cause, but this is happening on still somewhat calm days. Maybe the tech at SeaDoo your dealer talked to was much more helpful. In talking to the tech at my dealer, he tried different things, but I don't get the feeling the SeaDoo factory tech was very helpful. Looks like my next step may be to go to SeaDoo myself. I was just looking for additional feedback to understand what I should expect when others have said that their problem was fixed. Again, thank you for your feedback, it was helpful.

I spend a decent amount of time driving my buddies Yamaha 212SS (nice boat). It has dual throttles and the engines are almost always ~200 rpm or more off unless you are at wide open throttle. I haven't noticed the difference in rpm causing the boat to veer to one side. The wind and towing a boarder make a much bigger difference in how the boat tracks. Also remember that the tach itself can be off by that much showing a greater difference in rpm than there really is. Do the engines sound like they are at different rpm's?

If your boat is still pulling to port, I don't think that the 200 rpm difference is the main cause, although it could be a small contributor. Possibly its main cause is jet mis-alignment, or the ride plate isn't installed correctly. I believe that a few 210 Challenger owners on here had a problem with the boat pulling to one side and it was found to be caused by an incorrectly installed ride plate.

The other member here who had a major problem found out it was the ride plate installed wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back