2009 Challenger Starboard motor not turning over - Check engine light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Port motor starts and runs fine...

Starboard motor check engine light is on and engine does not turn over.... One time the light went out and turned over and started right up... I know it is not the neutral switch.

Battery is fine...

Any ideas appreciated...

Thanks

Sooo... today went back out to look at the boat again and check light was out motor started right up.....

Shut it down wen to restart came back on .... Pulled code P1655...

Started just visualy inspecting wires found nothing obvious... MPEM no change.... Swaped ECM from one motor to the other and the code was gone until I started and shut the engine down then it came back... So bad ECM....

Luckily it has twim motors so they can be swapped if not I could imagine someone spending hour or days on it...

Definate beauty about twin engine boats!!

Before shelling out the dough for an new ECU though, check the cable. That fault points to a DESS conductor short. I would be investigating the conductors or wire harness to ensure that the short isn't in the harness. I'm not saying that it isnt' the ecu but I would do some more troubleshooting just to be sure. Shorts can and most often are intermittent.

I had already started opening up areas of the harness and looking at all of the pins and opened up some of the zip tied areas and just looking...

The ECU also started putting up other codes that made no sense on the engine that had no issue... Just sucks when you could go looking for hours for something and its just the little over priced box....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back