2008 Seadoo RXP-X 255 Top Speed? VTS?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dfos88

Hi, I recently got a 2008 Seadoo RXP-X for my graduation gift from my father and have a few questions about it.. I've taken it out 4 times already the past 2 weeks and this thing is a beast!!

So last time I went out I wanted to see the top speed of it because I heard that the Speedometer readings are way off.. In my case it was off by 7mph!! My GPS max speed was 62.5 with a half tank of gas on 89 octane but my speedo was reading 70 all day. My ski gets to around 8100 RPMs and it has 180 hours with a rebuild last year at 120..

Also the trim settings are confusing to me.. For acceleration do I put the VTS all the way down? And for top speed do I put it all the way up? Can someone explain that to me? My dad has a Seadoo GTR 215 and we're side by side on the water and I thought for sure I'd beat him with both top end and acceleration. Top end wise he slowly catches up to me maybe by a 1-2 mph difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back