2008 RXP 215 help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

5150Train

So I did a search and found some similar experiences but nothing that matched mine exactly.

2008 RXP 215 with 107 hours

During the off season, replaced NGK dcpr8e spark plugs, and made sure to remove the screw caps before installation, all gapped with spec. Changed the oil. Did the supercharger replacement but haven't been to a shop to reset the code on the dash yet. I don't think that's contributing but wanted to give accurate description.

Started the ski out of water and all seemed normal. Got to the lake this week and dropped it in. Started right up and idled out of no wake zone. I hit the gas and it revved up to about 4000 while planing out, then fell flat on it's face a d would barely idle, then died. I tried to restart and it wouldn't hold idle and kept dying, then wouldn't even start.

I had 3 new spark plugs, swapped them out again the next morning just to be sure. Ski fired right up, idled out then died and wouldn't start up again.

So my next direction should be fuel? I've read the supercharger maintenance indicator doesn't effect performance, but is that incorrect and I need to go get it reset first? Nearest seadoo dealer is about an hour away which is why I hadn't reset it yet. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disregard. I found the metal exhaust chamber had worked itself loose and pulled away from the 4" rubber connector. Probably made the exhaust sensor run lean which told the computer to dump more fuel in. Got it back in and back to running good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back