Need help with 2008 RXP-X 255 - Loss of power followed by white smoke and low oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dmcm23

Hello,
Recently purchased an 08 Seadoo RXP-X with 94h and rebuilt S/H that hadn’t been taken out for over a year. Day 1 I took it out and ran it hard for 3-4h with no issues, on the way back to the marina I was cruising and had an immediate loss of power, resulting in having to have a buddy tow me back at idle on another PWC. The next day I took it back out to see if it would start and it fired back up, however after riding for about 5 min white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust and eventually the low oil sensor came on.

Since, I took it to a local Seadoo shop and they replaced the spark plugs and “serviced” the intercooler hoses, exhaust, supercharger, jet pump, drive shaft to replace the PTO Bellows. When getting it back I took it to the water and barely got out of the no wake zone before it started smoking again. I noticed that at idle the RPMs fluctuated a bit more than usual but it never died and didn’t have an issue starting.

Trying to avoid taking back to the shop and then throwing more parts and money at it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

To note, coolant dropped as well and milky oil was leaking from the exhaust when it was sitting in the garage.

Last edited:
The shop didn't do a compression test when you told them of the issues? Coolant dropping and milky oil points to a head gasket failure , especially when the exhaust was full of white smoke. However you could have an intercooler leak , but the plugs would have shown that. Compression test and possibly a leak down test are first to do , while looking at the plugs for signs of misfire.

Classic signs of a blown head gasket......oil and coolant leaking into the combustion chamber together results in burned oil and coolant leaking out into the exhaust, and the oil burns white/blue.

Back