2008 rxt low power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

superjeep

I recently just purchased a 2008 rxt with 62 hours on it, it hadn't run in a couple of years but I went through everything put fresh fuel in it three new spark plugs, a compression test, and rebuilt the supercharger just to be safe, I fired it up on the hose and it runs great and revs right up, I put it in the water and idled out of the no-wake zone just fine, when you run quarter throttle it seems okay as soon as you go over quarter throttle or heavier into it it feels like it's misfiring or breaking up and will only get up to about 35 mph, I put three good tested fuel injectors in it with the same problem, I'm not getting any beeps or anything although I can't read the gauges because they were broken in transit after I bought it, I'm not really sure where to start here. When I pulled it out of the water I had it on the trailer got it to half throttle where it was breaking up and unplugged the coils individually and you could hear the engine bog down further from the already misfiring it was doing, so I don't think it's a total spark issue.

Could be going into limp mode for some reason.
Possibly a bad coil.
Suggest you either fix the gauges so you can read the messages or take it to someone to read your codes.

I have a chance to get a deal on candoo pro. I might grab that. But what a pain finding a set of used gauges is. And I'm not sure I Wana spend $1200 on gauges and programming at the dealer right now. Especially when I don't even know he fate of this ski at the moment

Advance search "gauge cluster" there are some pretty knowledgeable people having "good luck" with these Chinese aftermarket gauges.

I was told by tons of people to stay away from the eBay aftermarket ones

I recently bought a used cam, head and piston off Ebay to fix a dropped valve on my Seadoo.
Some parts were OK and some were not the correct parts which I returned. Returned 2 pistons and 1 cam.
Some sell parts saying they would fit when it would work but was not the proper part- example cam, aftermarket piston (you need to know what you are buying).

I would only buy from sellers who allow returns, whose primary business was selling used PWC parts (no pawn shops etc), had a satisfaction rating in the high 90's and buy only used OEM parts.

Electronics are more risky to buy. If you are considering electronics, before buying I would ask the person you send it to for programming if they can tell you if the parts is good or bad.

I was told by tons of people to stay away from the eBay aftermarket ones
I will disagree with those tons of people. I've used probably 10 of these and all worked perfectly. Are they as good as OEM? Not quite since they have a couple things slightly off center which nobody except for me would notice. They work well, program fine with BUDS like OEM, and are a lot cheaper than OEM. I will continue to buy them as needed.

So I took it out and swapped parts with my other ski that I have, I did have a voltage issue that I fixed but I kept getting beeping alarms and weird codes, I swapped the computer with the 2007 rxp I got with this ski, and it seems to run fine with no alarms, I swap back to the stock computer and I'm getting all kinds of alarms, so looks like ECM is bad.

I will disagree with those tons of people. I've used probably 10 of these and all worked perfectly. Are they as good as OEM? Not quite since they have a couple things slightly off center which nobody except for me would notice. They work well, program fine with BUDS like OEM, and are a lot cheaper than OEM. I will continue to buy them as needed.
Do you have a certain seller you like? I seem to see that they all look the same but have a bunch of different Sellers and places where they come from

Back